The Student Room Group

Gcse ict help!

Hey everyone,
So I got my gcse ict results today. I got 2 A's on the coursework and a C on the exam. My final grade was a B. I'm only in Y9 but In the future I want to job to do with computers. Is a B good enough. Can someone please explain everything to me? Thank you very much!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oasiis61
Hey everyone,
So I got my gcse ict results today. I got 2 A's on the coursework and a C on the exam. My final grade was a B. I'm only in Y9 but In the future I want to job to do with computers. Is a B good enough. Can someone please explain everything to me? Thank you very much!!!

A B grade is very good! :smile:

You said you wanted us to explain everything for you...that's quite an open question! :tongue: Is there anything in particular that you want explaining? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
A B grade is very good! :smile:

You said you wanted us to explain everything for you...that's quite an open question! :tongue: Is there anything in particular that you want explaining? :smile:

Haha sorry and well if I get into uni what will they think of the B? And what things could I do with a B?
Thanks!!!
Haha sorry and well if I get into uni what will they think of the B? And what things could I do with a B?
Thanks!!!

Any specific courses/uni's you're thinking of applying for? Most should be fine with it - as I said, a B grade is very good! :smile:
Reply 4
Hey everyone,

It depends. Do you want to be a programmer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A B is good but it depends what specific computing sector you want to go into?
Reply 6
Thanks for the replys. Well I'm not so sure at the moment. But what courses do you think I could do in A Levels/uni? Thank you.
Reply 7
Thanks for the replys. Well I'm not so sure at the moment. But what courses do you think I could do in A Levels/uni? Thank you.

Depending on your maths GCSE grade you could do a computer science A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98

Hey, exactly is Computer Science? And what grade would I need in maths? Thanks.
Reply 9
[QUOTE="Oasiis61;49729675"]
Original post by Andy98

Hey, exactly is Computer Science? And what grade would I need in maths? Thanks.

You'd need an A in maths. Computer science is where you learn how to programme and stuff like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Andy98

You'd need an A in maths. Computer science is where you learn how to programme and stuff like that

Okk thanks, what about ICT at A Level? Would you recommend that? What do you need to do that? thanks, also do you think a B in ict is good at GCSE? Thank you.
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by Andy98
Original post by Andy98

I'm not too sure about ICT at A level. I think you need an in GCSE ICT for that. ICT will be easier, but computer science is the better qualification. Personally, I find ICT to be stupidly easy

Okay thank you. Still can't believe I got a B overall :c considering I got an A on my mock exam, and got a C on the real exam. I really wanted an A/A*, do you think B is still okay and does it really matter? THANKS!
Reply 13
Reply 14
Original post by Andy98
Original post by Andy98

Yeah, a B is OK but I would've been a bit disappointed

Yeah I'm disappointed. But I've just gotta move on eh? Does it really matter I got a B instead of a A? If so why? Thank you
Reply 15
Reply 16
Original post by Andy98
Original post by Andy98
Original post by Andy98

Well yeah - you'd probably need an A to get into a computer related course at college

Omg really?!! What about Uni???
Reply 17

Well yeah - you'd probably need an A to get into a computer related course at college

Omg really?!! What about Uni???

If you have a good A level you should be OK

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry about a B I got a B despite getting an A in all of my ICT work, but then my science and RE pulled it down (I done the ICT Higher Diploma so they counted) then I went on and done ICT at college and got a B overall in that too, which is enough to get into uni so I wouldn't worry :smile:
If programming etc is more your thing though maybe doing computing at A Level would be better for you? You do a lot of programming and ICT A Level is more expanding on your knowledge in all aspects. Hope this helps and congrats on your results :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by purplelamp
I wouldn't worry about a B I got a B despite getting an A in all of my ICT work, but then my science and RE pulled it down (I done the ICT Higher Diploma so they counted) then I went on and done ICT at college and got a B overall in that too, which is enough to get into uni so I wouldn't worry :smile:
If programming etc is more your thing though maybe doing computing at A Level would be better for you? You do a lot of programming and ICT A Level is more expanding on your knowledge in all aspects. Hope this helps and congrats on your results :biggrin:

Thank you! And congrats on the B!! So I guess a B overall at GCSE is fine then? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest