The Student Room Group

Possible to apply to university without conditional offer?

Hello everyone, I wonder if I could apply to universities without a conditional offer.

Because I have a radical plan, which is taking both AS and A2 papers in June 2015, and then taking my A2 results (August) and apply to universities, would that be possible at all?

Any advice including harsh ones are welcomed.
Reply 1
I don't understand, you apply, then get offers. :smile:
If you're saying you'll go through clearing, then yeah, that is fine :smile:
Original post by rooncan
Hello everyone, I wonder if I could apply to universities without a conditional offer.

Because I have a radical plan, which is taking both AS and A2 papers in June 2015, and then taking my A2 results (August) and apply to universities, would that be possible at all?

You would like to apply with your A2 grades?

I am not sure that is possible. If you're keen on doing AS and A2 in one year and go to University the year after then you should apply by January 2015 at the latest and somehow get fantastic grade predictions.
Original post by rooncan

Anything is possible :wink: but can i ask how you aim to sit both in one year???
Reply 4
The application cut off in normal circumstances for a lot of the 'better' universities is 15th January.
Reply 5
Is it possible to transfer from a decent university to a top university in the UK?
Reply 6
Original post by University of Bolton
Anything is possible :wink: but can i ask how you aim to sit both in one year???

I really don't know for know, but I think I'll give it a go, and if things don't work out then just AS :smile:
OP appears to have little or no understanding of the application system and appears to have done F-all research before opening mouth and embarassing themself.

In theory it is possible to enter the System at the clearing stage but at that time you are fighting over the crumbs left after those who applied following the standard UCAS timelines have been placed.

University transfer i nthe UK is the exception rather than the norm , unless it's at a step off / step on point as seen with 'top-up' in subjects where Foundation Degree / HND are common ...
Reply 8
Original post by zippyRN
OP appears to have little or no understanding of the application system and appears to have done F-all research before opening mouth and embarassing themself.

In theory it is possible to enter the System at the clearing stage but at that time you are fighting over the crumbs left after those who applied following the standard UCAS timelines have been placed.

University transfer i nthe UK is the exception rather than the norm , unless it's at a step off / step on point as seen with 'top-up' in subjects where Foundation Degree / HND are common ...

So from your post I would say

(1) You'd have to have exceptional GCE results to be one of the few to get a crumb?

and

(2) Again you'll have to produce exceptional work in say bath university to transfer to say imperial?

Thank You!
Reply 9
Original post by rooncan
So from your post I would say

(1) You'd have to have exceptional GCE results to be one of the few to get a crumb?

and

(2) Again you'll have to produce exceptional work in say bath university to transfer to say imperial?

Thank You!

Troll?

If not lmao.
Reply 10
Original post by Blobar
Troll?

If not lmao.

Wait what? Sorry I don't understand why you think I'm trolling?
Reply 11
Original post by rooncan
Wait what? Sorry I don't understand why you think I'm trolling?

Because if you'd done your research you'd know your 2nd point was a ridiculous one.
Reply 12
Original post by Blobar
Because if you'd done your research you'd know your 2nd point was a ridiculous one.

Oh so transferring is not an option...
Reply 13
Right then, seems like I'll have to take my exams seperately..
Reply 14
Original post by rooncan
Oh so transferring is not an option...

First of all, what course would you presumably be applying for?
Reply 15
I want to apply to a computer science course.
Original post by rooncan
I want to apply to a computer science course.

I would say concentrate on your A levels first and the UCAS system will all be explained to you at college/sixth form dont worry about it too much yet. Its quite straight forward once you get going :smile:

Saf
Marketing and Recruitment Officer
transfers between UK universities other than at FDD / DipHE / HND to 'top -up' or betweren first and second cycle qualifications is the exception rather than the norm and often the exception would need to be backed by really good reasons if not extenuating circumstances.

Unlike Liberal arts systesm most UK university modules are designed to fit into a bigger picture of of one or two named degrees or groups of degrees ( e.g. at one point there were 5 or 6 different titled degrees in Newcastle's marine tech dept with BEng(honours) and MEng versions of most )

Quick Reply