The Student Room Group

Mixed feelings about exam results?

I got 5 B's, 4C's and 1D, I passed English and Maths but I don't know how I feel about my results what do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by TheDollyRocker
I got 5 B's, 4C's and 1D, I passed English and Maths but I don't know how I feel about my results what do you think?

You passed two of the most important subjects. You shouldn't feel disheartened.
Original post by KAWK
You passed two of the most important subjects. You shouldn't feel disheartened.

Very true thanks!

What sort of mixed feelings do you have?

As long as you feel happy with your results that is all that matters. :biggrin: Better than national average too
But no As or A*s...your grades would be poor to me but to someone else it would be good.

It depends on what you wanna do in life
i failed triple science due to illness and have been crying for the whole day :frown: I'm always ill during exams urgh

Congratulations on your results!! You did fab!!! :woo:

Lots of people i know who didn't get as high as you managed to do really well at A level and go on to university! !

Chin up :biggrin:
Original post by anonymouspie227
Congratulations on your results!! You did fab!!! :woo:

Lots of people i know who didn't get as high as you managed to do really well at A level and go on to university! !

Chin up :biggrin:

Thank you! I feel a bit better now ! :smile:
Original post by sophiamarni
i failed triple science due to illness and have been crying for the whole day :frown: I'm always ill during exams urgh

Oh no I really hope you get better soon!
so do i :frown: i wish i got a A* tho
Reply 11
As long as you get into sixth form or your chosen next chapter of education that's all that matters, GCSEs don't mean to much to unis if you do want to go to uni. Be happy with your results, at least you passed most of them with good grades. Schools will take into consideration the dip in results too I am sure, so that will work for you :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
What sort of mixed feelings do you have?

That I did good because I passed English and Maths but also a bit bad because I was predicted 2 A's that I didn't get and many people got A's so I feel kind of dumb in away.
Original post by ozzie2
As long as you get into sixth form or your chosen next chapter of education that's all that matters, GCSEs don't mean to much to unis if you do want to go to uni. Be happy with your results, at least you passed most of them with good grades. Schools will take into consideration the dip in results too I am sure, so that will work for you :smile:

Yeah that's true and thank you I should be happy with them!
Reply 14
Only on TSR do people cry about decent grades haha
That I did good because I passed English and Maths but also a bit bad because I was predicted 2 A's that I didn't get and many people got A's so I feel kind of dumb in away.

I think you should be pleased with your results :yep: You've passed English and maths, got more than 5 A*-C grades, hopefully got into the courses and college/sixth form you wanted to go to? :smile: GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, there's a lot ahead of you :yes: Don't compare yourself to others, we're all different. Be optimistic! :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
I think you should be pleased with your results :yep: You've passed English and maths, got more than 5 A*-C grades, hopefully got into the courses and college/sixth form you wanted to go to? :smile: GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, there's a lot ahead of you :yes: Don't compare yourself to others, we're all different. Be optimistic! :smile:

Yeah I should be more pleased lol and I should stop doing that now thanks a lot!

Listen here pal. You've done well. You've passed every subject apart from one. You've done better than the national average.

Speaking about A's, I've got a friend that got 1A, 2Cs, 2Ds, 1F and 1G. They're not good results in my book, neither in his, but that's life. Not gonna lie, I'd much prefer your results with A*-C grades than securing at least one A and then only coming out with two more A*-C grades.

The only reason you feel slightly bad is because this website is bombarded with A* students. No other reason. Well, apart from comparing to other people where you live.

Chill brah.

Quick Reply

Latest