The Student Room Group

Your application for this choice has been unsuccessful.

" Reason for Unsuccessful

This offer is subject to you obtaining Within 2 weeks of the publication of results, provide evidence of obtaining the BTEC Extended Diploma with DDD overallincluding D in Information Systems, Computer Systems and two of the following: Database Design; Systems Analysis & Design; Mathematics for IT Practitioners; Software Design & Development or Event Driven Programming. By 7 August 2014 provide evidence of IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four skills, or equivalent qualification. "

Hmm.. hmm.. Lost for words.

So I just got an email about 10min ago about a change in my ucas application which shocked me since I already gotten replies from all the universities that I have applied for.

Once I managed to log in, I saw that my application had been withdrawn from KCL which was a big surprise to me since I firmed KCL.

From my understanding on why my offer was withdrawn is because I failed to show evidence of the grades they had requested.

I managed to get the grades that they had requested for me which was DDD and C in English. Furthermore, the English GCSE grades was released today which I wasent really able to pick up from my College due to the fact that I am on holiday outside of England.

So my question is .... can I overturn this or is my chance to join KCL finished? It hasent even been 1 day since I received my GCSE grade.

edit: please ignore my bad English.
Reply 1
Call the university first thing tomorrow
Wait, they rejected you when you had the grades?
Call them up ASAP and explain everything! !
Reply 3
Yeh, really confusing. I will wake up early tomorrow and call the office and ask them why they rejected me even though I managed to get the grades they had asked for.

In the message it says "I had to provide evidence of my English grade by august 7th" which is kinda impossible since GCSE grade were handed out yesterday.

I wasen't able to pick up my English grades from my College as I arrived back home today after College had closed.

I'm still 110% sure I managed to get C or above in my English GCSE since I was predicted a B.

Hmm, btw, is there any possibilities that I might gotten an E and the University knows about it and not me if so it might explain the reason?
Original post by Mr_X
Yeh, really confusing. I will wake up early tomorrow and call the office and ask them why they rejected me even though I managed to get the grades they had asked for.

In the message it says "I had to provide evidence of my English grade by august 7th" which is kinda impossible since GCSE grade were handed out yesterday.

I wasen't able to pick up my English grades from my College as I arrived back home today after College had closed.

I'm still 110% sure I managed to get C or above in my English GCSE since I was predicted a B.

Hmm, btw, is there any possibilities that I might gotten an E and the University knows about it and not me if so it might explain the reason?

If you don't know your English GCSE grades exactly, then that might be it. Make sure to check tomorrow.
You had a deadline that you failed to meet - the best time to contact KCL would have been when you received the offer, explaining that you wouldn't receive your GCSE results until after the deadline, and asking for an extension.

They may even have been waiting for you to contact them yesterday - and when you didn't, they assumed that you didn't get the required GCSE grade.

However… admissions tutors are human, and they must have liked you enough to give you an offer in the first place, so it's worth ringing them to explain. Good luck.
They asked you to do this " By 7 August 2014 provide evidence of IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four skills, or equivalent qualification. " You haven't provided the evidence by the due date. Get your GCSE result, phone up and ask and they will possibly still give you a place if you have the grade. However if you had the sense needed to study a degree you would have asked them to vary the conditions so that you did not need to provide the evidence until after your GCSE result came out. If the place is no longer available reapply next year,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending