The Student Room Group

Does love make you strong or weak?

What do you think and why?

Scroll to see replies

lel.

I am a strong independent women who needs no man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Breakups make me smarter, like a high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both in a way
Reply 4
Original post by missfats
lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I'm guessing you'll be forever alone?
More to the weak side as love can make you follow your heart and not your head, it makes you vulnerable at times and it hurts when someone you love leaves you.
Reply 6
Original post by missfats
lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I'll find you someone :biggrin:

Original post by unbeknownst_anon
Breakups make me smarter, like a high

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's a high?

Original post by MidnightDream
Both in a way

Explain :colone:
Reply 7
Both. It can put you on a mountain top, but it can also throw you off the peak.
Depends but can make you weak. Very weak. Clouded judgment, distraction :. Weak
Reply 9
Original post by bittr n swt
More to the weak side as love can make you follow your heart and not your head, it makes you vulnerable at times and it hurts when someone you love leaves you.

Do you not see love as something that can make a person stronger?
People say it can but Idk
Very weak, and very stupid.
Because I commit myself too much into it. Because I don't expect anything from a relationship aside from having my love accepted by the other partner.
Reply 11
It's a strength and a weakness - the things it can make you achieve are great, because such a strong emotion acts as a driving force and provides a motivation to accomplish goals, and it makes you weak because you can become so dependent upon maintaining that love, that you neglect things or sabotage things in order to keep the established bond of love stable.
Original post by CJKay
Both. It can put you on a mountain top, but it can also throw you off the peak.

'Throw you off the peak'..do you mean when you break up or when you're still with the person you love?
I think that...

As an individual it probably makes you weak
But...
Together it probably makes you stronger.
Original post by anonymouspie227
Depends but can make you weak. Very weak. Clouded judgment, distraction :. Weak

I agree :redface:
Depends if unrequited.

- If they love you back, all life is awesome (unless it makes you insecure).
- If you are rejected you are weakened in the short term (and prone to doing some pretty irrational things). If you become bitter you have been weakened. However, as with any experience, riding the storm successfully should lead to a strengthening of character.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LaMandarine
Very weak, and very stupid.
Because I commit myself too much into it. Because I don't expect anything from a relationship aside from having my love accepted by the other partner.

Commit yourself? What do you mean?
Original post by Ornlu
It's a strength and a weakness - the things it can make you achieve are great, because such a strong emotion acts as a driving force and provides a motivation to accomplish goals, and it makes you weak because you can become so dependent upon maintaining that love, that you neglect things or sabotage things in order to keep the established bond of love stable.

But the motivation, is it because by doing those things you want to make that person happy? You'll do anything for them...is that a strength or weakness?
Original post by Biryani007
Explain :colone:

Well when you love someone you may feel like you're not alone in a way and you feel secure which may lead you to feeling stronger

However they can also make you weak as you will probably think with your heart and so you will probably end up a massive softie with bad judgement and love can make you distracted as well
:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending