The Student Room Group

Maintaining a long-term, long-distance relationship... Is it possible?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
That's perfect, thank you! I couldn't have asked for anything better :smile:

No problem, I'm here to help. You seem like a great guy, I hope it works out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
No problem, I'm here to help. You seem like a great guy, I hope it works out for you

Thank you, best of luck to you too :smile:
Reply 22
Thank you, best of luck to you too :smile:

Yeah thanks man. If you ever have any more questions feel free to drop me a PM or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah thanks man. If you ever have any more questions feel free to drop me a PM or something

Will do mate! Cheers :smile:
Reply 24
Will do mate! Cheers :smile:

Like I said it's no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for your offering your experience as an example. I totally understand that people change a lot at college, and this is one of the things that is partially troubling me. We've been talking a lot about this, though, and we both have agreed that neither of us is going to let go of the other quite so easily. However, I completely understand your point and it's definitely something that's on my mind a lot. I try not to think about it too much, because it prevents me from fully committing at times, but I want to make sure that we at least spend this year properly. I'm not really sure as to where this relationship will wind up, and I suppose the next couple of years will be instrumental in telling me this.

Thank you very much for this. It's great to hear from someone who is currently in a successful long distance relationship because it gives hope to us young ones on here :smile: It's fantastic to know that you have such a great relationship with your boyfriend despite the distance and irregular meetings. I really wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck for the future and once again, thank you so much for offering me hope.

It's perfectly fine, always here to help because I know how awful it can be! Good luck!! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in a long-term, long distance relationship and while it has its negatives, it is definitely worth it if you find the right person. My boyfriend lives 250 miles away and since he works and I am in education, we don't spend too much time together. For a while we would see each other once a month, for about 3-4 days at a time, but recently we spent 2 weeks together which was lovely :smile: If you both put the effort in, these type of relationships can definitely work out. They usually fail when one or both people in the relationship get bored and stop trying, because they can be quite difficult. But if you are both committed to make it work, it should be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending