The Student Room Group

GCSE Results - Good enough?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studious_Student
I see, I am aware of the fact that it is so competitive and I really want to get into the medical circuit for personal AND financial reasons lol, I guess for AS and A2 I'll have to work my butt off to get grades suitable for these high end universities! If you don't mind me asking, what turned you away from the profession in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we both have to work our arses off for A level but I want to get into university of manchester for Chemical engineering but I got a B in chemistry because of a mess up with my coursework :frown:. I turned away from Medicine because with doing research I found out I had little interest in it tbh and I was probably brainwashed by my parents into thinking I did LOL I was more into the corporate and commercial fields of work
Original post by Fairytail
I was being sarcastic. These grades are excellent - you don't need student room to validate how good they are.

My friend who had 4 A's and a bunch of B's got accepted into Oxford to study chemistry... Anything is possible if you work hard enough.

Thank you for the inspirational story and compliment! It will drive me to work harder! And I did sense some sarcasm there but I am really bad at sensing sarcasm on the internet so I tried to go along with it but with some seriousness ahahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ennahaspatience
Yeah, we both have to work our arses off for A level but I want to get into university of manchester for Chemical engineering but I got a B in chemistry because of a mess up with my coursework :frown:. I turned away from Medicine because with doing research I found out I had little interest in it tbh and I was probably brainwashed by my parents into thinking I did LOL I was more into the corporate and commercial fields of work

My coursework for Science Additional got messed up as well, if it was not messed up I would have stood a strong chance of getting an A. -.- But life isn't fair like that...and I can understand the pressure and influence parents can bring to their children, as I am partially affected by it! Today I had my meeting with Mill Hill County and they said my Chemistry grade was insufficient, so I can't do it there :frown: I'll just have to see what Woodhouse says...What profession are you pursuing now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Studious_Student
My coursework for Science Additional got messed up as well, if it was not messed up I would have stood a strong chance of getting an A. -.- But life isn't fair like that...and I can understand the pressure and influence parents can bring to their children, as I am partially affected by it! Today I had my meeting with Mill Hill County and they said my Chemistry grade was insufficient, so I can't do it there :frown: I'll just have to see what Woodhouse says...What profession are you pursuing now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are those Grammar schools? I should have no problem still doing chemistry as I am going to a comprehensive. I am planning on going into chemical engineering. I guess life isn't fair sometimes but it's also a lesson to me. I could have worked a lot harder for chemistry. It's good that we got the message now rather than in A levels to be honest, it's just made me a lot more determined

Quick Reply

Latest