The Student Room Group

Mega Awkward Situation. Help pleaseeee.

So, basically im transferring universities and starting on 1yr year again. Im studying the perfect course at a considerably better institution and basically improving my academic career. However, I initially wasn't expecting to go to this uni and was meant to go somewhere else but then SFE messed up, so ive had to settle for here out of my 2 clearing choices. Not to imply that im not happy with this uni and i'am still really excited to start the course. And was infact meant to come here when coming straight from school.

The problem is...my fb crush of like 4 months who i know through a friend, coincidentally goes this same university.

We talk daily and we were meant to meet up when i came home, but stuff got in the way. They know that im transferring and that i had received an offer from this uni but they don't know that ive firmed it :/ and i have no idea how to tell them!

And because i haven't met them, it's gonna seem even weirder! I was initially planning on just not saying anything as it was too awks, but my friends advised me that i should tell them sooner than later. Term starts in 2 weeks. How the hell do i do this without coming across as some creepy internet stalker? They had no influence on me ending up at this uni, but i honestly can't predict how they will react and it's scary, as i do like them and would prefer not to mess things up. :/ If anyone could offer me any advice or give their perception of this situation, then that would be great! As i could well be over-thinking things.
Just tell him straight.

He'll understand. If you're lucky and the feelings are mutual he'll appreciate you being closer.
Reply 2
Original post by Motorbiker
Just tell him straight.

He'll understand. If you're lucky and the feelings are mutual he'll appreciate you being closer.

Thanks, lets hope so! If hard to tell without meeting them first.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, lets hope so! If hard to tell without meeting them first.

Lots of people meet online and fall in love before meeting.

I wish you the best of luck when you say. :yes:
Just tell him straight.

:rofl: How do you OP is a girl? Mod powers too strong :biggrin:.
Original post by Dilzo999
:rofl: How do you OP is a girl? Mod powers too strong :biggrin:.

Was on phone so no visible mod powers that would help.

I must have just assumed tbh unless there are gender specific descriptions anywhere...
Unfortunately it is very important for a doctor to have a strong understanding of poetry and prose.
Reply 7
Original post by Dadeyemi
Unfortunately it is very important for a doctor to have a strong understanding of poetry and prose.

Ahah, i knew it would only be a matter of time before someone would mention my poor grammar in the OP. Dude, i wrote this on little sleep at 5am, prose wasn't a priority at the time.

And who said anything about me being a doctor? I major in media.
Reply 8
Was on phone so no visible mod powers that would help.

I must have just assumed tbh unless there are gender specific descriptions anywhere...

They were right. :')
Reply 9
Original post by 8472
Lots of people meet online and fall in love before meeting.

I wish you the best of luck when you say. :yes:

Haha, don't think we're there yet.
But, thanks! Im gonna need it dude! :colondollar:
Reply 10
oh ok. Well I keep up the good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
So, basically im transferring universities and starting on 1yr year again. Im studying the perfect course at a considerably better institution and basically improving my academic career. However, I initially wasn't expecting to go to this uni and was meant to go somewhere else but then SFE messed up, so ive had to settle for here out of my 2 clearing choices. Not to imply that im not happy with this uni and i'am still really excited to start the course. And was infact meant to come here when coming straight from school.

The problem is...my fb crush of like 4 months who i know through a friend, coincidentally goes this same university.

We talk daily and we were meant to meet up when i came home, but stuff got in the way. They know that im transferring and that i had received an offer from this uni but they don't know that ive firmed it :/ and i have no idea how to tell them!

And because i haven't met them, it's gonna seem even weirder! I was initially planning on just not saying anything as it was too awks, but my friends advised me that i should tell them sooner than later. Term starts in 2 weeks. How the hell do i do this without coming across as some creepy internet stalker? They had no influence on me ending up at this uni, but i honestly can't predict how they will react and it's scary, as i do like them and would prefer not to mess things up. :/ If anyone could offer me any advice or give their perception of this situation, then that would be great! As i could well be over-thinking things.

XD dony worry about it im sure they wil undertand its not a big deal or anything lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending