The Student Room Group

Which universities to choose for accounting and finance

I got AACD
Predicted grades A*A* BC
And i really cannot decide what universities to apply to. My grades are not what I expected so kind of disappointed
I was thinking of Cardiff university but what other four?
Liverpool, kent? Any suggestions. I want to choose 1 thats below my predicted grades as well but i cannot pick one. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Well, I applied to Bath Leeds Cardiff Reading and Kent this year, tho sadly I got rejected by the first two so I'm going to Cardiff now. I also took into consideration Birmingham or Aston, Nottingham and Manchester. Well, Kent is a good one as they're a pretty decent biz school (I think) and has a lower entry requirement too. Hope this helps! :wink:
Bath's a solid pick, im sure they'd allow A*A*B - and they dont want an interview
LSE is a maybe, not sure if the B would throw them off
Lancaster recently just hit 5th place for A&F and only asks for AAB which is a steal
Durham has a 5 year integrated masters called financial accounting with a placement for AAB
Kent's solid as your lowest option.
Exeter's also high up there, or if you like a quiet atmosphere - try Warrwick.
In Birmingham there is one called Aston University. My uncle went there and now he is a VERY successful accountant. It's really good for accountancy and stuff. Good luck & I hope I helped! :smile:
Yeah you could get an offer from Warwick I'm sure, LSE depending on your GCSE grades
Original post by qwertyabcdef123
Hi there,
My personal recommendation would be to apply to Oxford/Cambridge. A*A*B is the equivelant of A*AA, which is the entry requirement for said universities. Drop the holy mother****ing **** out of your 4th A-Level. Otherwise, my recommendation would be to pursue a career in manual labour.
Regards,
Qwertyabcdef123

Oxbridge don't offer A&F and A*A*B doesn't technically meet the A*AA standard.
Reply 7
Original post by rachnesses
Well, I applied to Bath Leeds Cardiff Reading and Kent this year, tho sadly I got rejected by the first two so I'm going to Cardiff now. I also took into consideration Birmingham or Aston, Nottingham and Manchester. Well, Kent is a good one as they're a pretty decent biz school (I think) and has a lower entry requirement too. Hope this helps! :wink:

Congratulations! I lovee cardiff. I was thinking of doing optometry at cardiff but na science is not for me anymore. What grades did u get to get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by tearteto
Bath's a solid pick, im sure they'd allow A*A*B - and they dont want an interview
LSE is a maybe, not sure if the B would throw them off
Lancaster recently just hit 5th place for A&F and only asks for AAB which is a steal
Durham has a 5 year integrated masters called financial accounting with a placement for AAB
Kent's solid as your lowest option.
Exeter's also high up there, or if you like a quiet atmosphere - try Warrwick.

LSE needs an A in math gcse but I got a B
And dont I need a math A level for bath ?
But yes i was thinking of applying for the KPMG school leaver scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by KittyRe-play
In Birmingham there is one called Aston University. My uncle went there and now he is a VERY successful accountant. It's really good for accountancy and stuff. Good luck & I hope I helped! :smile:

Thank you so much. I live in birmingham and i really wanna move away for Uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Yeah you could get an offer from Warwick I'm sure, LSE depending on your GCSE grades

Thanks. Does warick need a level math?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

My gcse grades are A*A*A* AAABBBB
B in maths A* english and lang
But then i moved here halfway through in year 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carstairsy
Thank you so much. I live in birmingham and i really wanna move away for Uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol really? I personally would not want to move out of Birmingham. But I guess you must have your reasons :smile:
I got AACD
Predicted grades A*A* BC
And i really cannot decide what universities to apply to. My grades are not what I expected so kind of disappointed
I was thinking of Cardiff university but what other four?
Liverpool, kent? Any suggestions. I want to choose 1 thats below my predicted grades as well but i cannot pick one. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham
Manchester
Nottingham
Bristol
Cass
I wish to be doing economics; but my reserve is Accounting and finance at Bath. Bath is number 1 for A an F. I offers a year in industry.

AAA is their offer

Ie my choices are:

LSE (economics)
Warwick (economics)
UCL (economics)
Nottingham/bristol/durham (i have no clue!) (economics)
Bath (A and F)
Reply 15
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Durham
Manchester
Nottingham
Bristol
Cass

Cass needs A level math so i wont be able to apply there

Posted from TSR Mobile
your grades are too low..
Reply 17
Lancaster would be worth looking at - possibly for your insurance as I believe they are quite flexible on grades ifn you miss the offer. They want AAB and B at maths gcse

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/study/undergraduate/degree-courses/accounting-and-finance-bsc-hons-n400/
Thanks. Does warick need a level math?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they favour students with Further Maths and Maths is a must.
bradford.

definitely bradford.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending