The Student Room Group

Which college/commute

Hello I'm going into college soon and need to make up my mind ASAP
I could go to a college nearer me which is called bromley college of further higher education but it's know for it's bad reputation as in its chavvy and stuff but very big with amazing facilities and close to home only one bus and also meaning my placement will be nearer me as well. This Colleges ofsted rating is good with outstanding features.

OR

I could go to a college called John Ruskin college in selsdon in croydon meaning I will get 3 buses there and back four days which will take 1hr 8mins. It's also got good facilities but I'm just worried about the commute. This college ofsted rating is outstanding.

My dad wats me to go for John Ruskin but my brother wants my to go to bromley as is nearer and he's just worried about my commute and how it'll affect my health.
What do you guys think?
Original post by DAtgirlxox
Hello I'm going into college soon and need to make up my mind ASAP
I could go to a college nearer me which is called bromley college of further higher education but it's know for it's bad reputation as in its chavvy and stuff but very big with amazing facilities and close to home only one bus and also meaning my placement will be nearer me as well. This Colleges ofsted rating is good with outstanding features.

OR

I could go to a college called John Ruskin college in selsdon in croydon meaning I will get 3 buses there and back four days which will take 1hr 8mins. It's also got good facilities but I'm just worried about the commute. This college ofsted rating is outstanding.

My dad wats me to go for John Ruskin but my brother wants my to go to bromley as is nearer and he's just worried about my commute and how it'll affect my health.
What do you guys think?

Three bus journeys each way will be stressful especially in the winter when there are three times the chance that you will be delayed if that makes sense and 2.5 hrs a day is 10 hours a week travelling time - 40 hours a month which is time you could be using more efficiently for study.

On the other hand, if yo go to a closer college which you do not make friends / are unhappy with, could impact your motivation.

Sounds like there is not much between the two from a learning and facilities perspective so it comes down to journey vs reputation.

If you can live with the 'reputation' then the nearer college makes sense.

It sounds like you favour the Ruskin college. If that is your instinct then go for it. You can always all back to the other if you really hate the commute.

Quick Reply

Latest