The Student Room Group

GCSE Results - failed badly

So in my GCSE results, I haven't done good at all, mainly because I had a house fire just before I sat my GCSE's and all my revision ect burnt. I didn't even have my uniform or anything.

So my results for English Language are -
Unit 1 - D (34)
Unit 2 - E (28)
Unit 3 - C (27)
Unit 4 - B (30)

However it says my Cash in is a D with 119 marks. Is that correct? Because I thought it'd be like a low C.

Also, I resat my Maths and got a E. Last time I did it, I got a D, so will my D or my E count?

Btw the exam boards WJEC.

Also do Level 2 Btecs count as 1 or 2 GGCSE's? Because I've got ICT and Art Btecs.
Reply 1
The English Language cash in is probably a high D - it might be an idea to get a remark or two.
Your D will count for Maths, not your E. The highest grade counts.
Some level two Btecs are single award, some are double award. Check your certificates.
You need a C in maths and english so you will have to retake both those subjects.
Why didn't you apply for special consideration..?
Your freaking house burnt down! ><
Original post by ohboyimscrewed
You need a C in maths and english so you will have to retake both those subjects.

How will he NEED it? the majority of uni courses may say you need GCSEs but you can still get in if you have relevant BTECs or even work experience... GCSEs mean nothing I got Cs and Ds my CV still says A*.. after you hit around 21 GCSEs are irrelevant.. not like employers check your certificates, a level/college and uni grades are all that really matter, and even then experience means much more.

SOURCE: Life past school age

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Waka Flocka
How will he NEED it? the majority of uni courses may say you need GCSEs but you can still get in if you have relevant BTECs or even work experience... GCSEs mean nothing I got Cs and Ds my CV still says A*.. after you hit around 21 GCSEs are irrelevant.. not like employers check your certificates, a level/college and uni grades are all that really matter, and even then experience means much more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You legally have to get a C in Maths and English. He will have to retake until he gets a C in both, or do alternative forms of Math and English, such as Btecs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23925033
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're recommending we lie on our CVs?
Original post by Aisa
You legally have to get a C in Maths and English. He will have to retake until he gets a C in both, or do alternative forms of Math and English, such as Btecs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23925033

I actually don't need to legally resit it as I'm in Wales, not England. You can also leave education at 16 here.
Reply 8
Original post by jorddwilliams
I actually don't need to legally resit it as I'm in Wales, not England. You can also leave education at 16 here.

Oh ok. Sorry, I didn't realise.
Im just not sure what to do :frown:
Im just not sure what to do :frown:

BTEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
So in my GCSE results, I haven't done good at all, mainly because I had a house fire just before I sat my GCSE's and all my revision ect burnt. I didn't even have my uniform or anything.

So my results for English Language are -
Unit 1 - D (34)
Unit 2 - E (28)
Unit 3 - C (27)
Unit 4 - B (30)

However it says my Cash in is a D with 119 marks. Is that correct? Because I thought it'd be like a low C.

Also, I resat my Maths and got a E. Last time I did it, I got a D, so will my D or my E count?

Btw the exam boards WJEC.

Also do Level 2 Btecs count as 1 or 2 GGCSE's? Because I've got ICT and Art Btecs.

Hello :smile:

I am incredibly sorry about the circumstances in which you had to take your GCSEs in. Did the exam board know of this?

Also, the numbers in brackets are they UMS or raw grades do you know?

What are you planning to do in the future? So far at least.

My advice so far. If you reply to me and think I may be useful we could go over it properly here or via PM.

-Resit some units of English and Maths GCSE or the whole course if necessary and get them both up to C grades. I think it will definitely boost your self confidence as well as give you some good qualifications for the future if need be. You might decide to go on a uni course later with these requirements and it will save you some time in the long run.

-Have a look at some courses for next year and see what excites you. Look at the requirements and see if the 5A*-C would help you and if you need to do anything again next year. Otherwise, see if the institution where you would like to accept your grades and keep going.

Good luck :smile:
I think you should resit and have a word with a career advisor.

Edit:hope everything goes well.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lolz at manz above saying GCSEs are irrelevant in uni. Boo, why you think we gotto fill in the UCAS form with our GCSEs, just for show? Also, I wouldn't recommend anyone lying on CV apparently you gonna do time behind bars lol.
Imagine the conversation:

Inmate A: I am locked up because I used to sell drugs.
Inmate B: Me? I beat up my mamma. How about you Waka?

Waka: Bluuuuud, I lied in my CV about my GCSEs fam.
Everyone else: Yooooooo!!! Such a bad mannnn.

lel
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest