The Student Room Group

College or Sixth form?

Are the qualifications in science the same at college as they are at sixth form? Also, will universities inquire why I chose college as a pose to staying on at my current school?
Original post by StudyMunchkin
Are the qualifications in science the same at college as they are at sixth form? Also, will universities inquire why I chose college as a pose to staying on at my current school?
Qualifications are national standards. It matters nit which establishment you gain them from.

An A-level is the same wherever you study it. Same applies for BTEC or Bacc'.

Universities will not ask you why you choose to study at school or college. What matters is the final grade for you quaification, your written personal statement for the application and (in the unlikely even they ask you for an interview) how you perform at that.

Make your choice however you see fit but secure in the knowledge that the quaification is the same werever you study it. :smile:
Original post by uberteknik
Qualifications are national standards. It matters nit which establishment you gain them from.

An A-level is the same wherever you study it. Same applies for BTEC or Bacc'.

Universities will not ask you why you choose to study at school or college. What matters is the final grade for you quaification, your written personal statement for the application and (in the unlikely even they ask you for an interview) how you perform at that.

Make your choice however you see fit but secure in the knowledge that the quaification is the same werever you study it. :smile:

Thanks, that has really made everything a lot clearer! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest