The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Re-mark.

I got 128 out of 200 in maths. I was 5 marks of an A. Shall i re-mark? And is it both papers that they re-mark or just one?
Original post by kapz48
I got 128 out of 200 in maths. I was 5 marks of an A. Shall i re-mark? And is it both papers that they re-mark or just one?

A grade 'B' is excellent and so I wouldn't remark especially because you're 5 marks off and so it is highly unlikely you'll gain an extra 5 marks in a subject such as maths because the mark scheme is so rigid - there's 1 answer unlike essay subjects in which the marks can fluctuate dependent on the examiner
Original post by kapz48

Get a copy of what you got in each question. If you realise there's an inconsistency, like you got less than full marks in a question you know you got right, then send it off, otherwise don't. Why? Maths includes very structured marking: it's unlikely that examiners will mark incorrectly, by more or less than 1 or 2 marks. 5 is a bit of a stretch, I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest