The Student Room Group

When are you moving into uni?

How many days before the official start date are you moving in?
Reply 1
6th or 7th, earliest move in date is 6th. Freshers starts 14th.
Original post by Ruffiio
6th or 7th, earliest move in date is 6th. Freshers starts 14th.

Oh wow. My freshers starts on the 22nd and I was going to move in on the 20th. Is that leaving it too late?
(edited 9 years ago)
I move in on the 1st, freshers starts on probably the 6th
Reply 4
Original post by randomguy786
Oh wow. My freshers starts on the 22nd and I was going to move in on the 20th. Is that leaving it too late?

No. I just want to get out the family house ASAP for reasons.
My freshers starts 23rd :smile: .. Can move into Halls on the 19th... But I get to the UK on the 17th to prepare (live abroad) :smile: ... Uni of Reading btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
September 13th, and freshers starts that night.
Reply 7
Original post by randomguy786

Your uni will normally have a given day to move in on. Usually the weekend before freshers week, so you should be fine :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Kathiye
Your uni will normally have a given day to move in on. Usually the weekend before freshers week, so you should be fine :tongue:

Derby uni has student move in on the day it starts
Move in on the 21st, freshers starts on the 22nd, lessons start on the 29th
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
**** freshers, last minute trip to ibiza

move in around 20th
Original post by mescoriza
My freshers starts 23rd :smile: .. Can move into Halls on the 19th... But I get to the UK on the 17th to prepare (live abroad) :smile: ... Uni of Reading btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in Reading any questions about reading feel free
(edited 9 years ago)
Hopefully by the 8th of September... If the accommodation services don't decide to screw me over.
Original post by mescoriza

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you guys enjoy reading? :biggrin:
Original post by jonathanemptage
I live in Reading any questions about reading feel free

Thank you :smile: luckily my sister is going into her 3rd year there! So I have her for guidance too ! hahah :smile: thanks a lot!!
Original post by TheEmperor
Do you guys enjoy reading? :biggrin:

Love it hahah!
Reply 16
I move in on the 28th, Freshers starts on 29th and lessons start on the 6th of October I think.
The 6th, though I'll have no money which isn't ideal lol
Original post by cjhamping
The 6th, though I'll have no money which isn't ideal lol

You using an overdraft or something?
Original post by Ruffiio
You using an overdraft or something?

Haven't got photo I.D to open a new bank account and RBS don't give an overdraft until 750 is put into the account. I expect to get paid on the 10th but don't know as I entered clearing and my SF application isn't approved yet:rolleyes: I've sent off for my provisional though so hopefully it comes in time to open a bank account.

Quick Reply

Latest