The Student Room Group

Employer breaching contract?

In my contract with a well known pub brand, they state 'You will be notified by your Manager in writing 1 week in advance of the rota that you are required to work during the next week'

However, they actually put the rota out sunday evening for the following week, so nobody can make plans for the following week, and also nobody knows if they're working the next day.

So I would like to know because they haven't given me proper notice, am I able to turn around and say 'can't come to that shift because you didnt give me sufficient notice of working' for say if i have already made plans?

I am close to quitting as I've had enough of them already (been working there 3 weeks...i also have another job too)
Original post by EmmaB131
In my contract with a well known pub brand, they state 'You will be notified by your Manager in writing 1 week in advance of the rota that you are required to work during the next week'

However, they actually put the rota out sunday evening for the following week, so nobody can make plans for the following week, and also nobody knows if they're working the next day.

So I would like to know because they haven't given me proper notice, am I able to turn around and say 'can't come to that shift because you didnt give me sufficient notice of working' for say if i have already made plans?

I am close to quitting as I've had enough of them already (been working there 3 weeks...i also have another job too)

Before doing anything hasty, try speaking to them first about it and see what they say.
Reply 2
As said above I'd at least mention it. However if nothing changes I would then quit if you are unhappy, because if you're unhappy you're not going to enjoy work!
How about you talk to your manager about it, they can hardly fix something if you dont tell them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending