The Student Room Group

If you had to give up meat or alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

I love booze, but this is a no brainer, the booze has to go.
Reply 41
I don't really have either very often lately, and not even through conscious effort.
Would definitely give up meat. Meat is barely in my life anyway, I only really ever eat chicken. I love alcohol far too much to give it up, parties would be boring without it.
Reply 44
Original post by LaMandarine
Ugh, this has got to be the hardest question ever.
I think I would start crying if I actually had to do that.
I am not a carnivore nor an avid drinker, but lasagne and red dry wine make such a beautiful pair.
Still, I would might as well say meat. I can bare and survive on a vegetarian diet since I absolutely love cheese and vegetables and I am not a fussy eater when it comes to them.
Also

Spoiler

Awesome pic, I approve :smile:
Really tough decision, but I guess drinking alcohol boosts my social confidence while eating meat doesn't. For that reason alcohol wins... just.
Reply 46
I've dropped alcohol for the past month so far, mainly for health reasons, but I could never give up meat.
Meat.

A vegetarian diet would be fine and a life without any alcohol...well shouldn't even be considered :afraid::cry2::afraid:
Please not the question is "if you had to give up meat or alcohol which would it be." If you already do not consume one of the two, you need not comment. Although it does help confirm that certain members really are a hoot!
I'm glad you asked this question because it made me think a while. I am a massive meat eater and a very big drinker. I think that in terms of health I would have to pick alcohol, I could replace the alcohol with cannabis and I just couldn't stop eating meat to be honest.

My body would probably thank me for giving up alcohol and I'd end up losing a lot of weight haha. I don't think I could replace the protein from meat eating. And don't quote me giving me some boring rant about how I can eat eggs (or, if you really are the most boring person on earth and are a vegan) bean curds or whatever.
Reply 49
I'm practically a carnivore, I love meat! So definitely alcohol. :^_^:
Alcohol, without a doubt.
Reply 51
ALCOHOL.
Sorry, but if someone thinks that they can't live without alcohol then their life must be pretty sad.

FYI - This comment was not aimed at anyone posting on here.
Reply 53
Original post by Huskaris
Please not the question is "if you had to give up meat or alcohol which would it be." If you already do not consume one of the two, you need not comment. Although it does help confirm that certain members really are a hoot!
I'm glad you asked this question because it made me think a while. I am a massive meat eater and a very big drinker. I think that in terms of health I would have to pick alcohol, I could replace the alcohol with cannabis and I just couldn't stop eating meat to be honest.

My body would probably thank me for giving up alcohol and I'd end up losing a lot of weight haha. I don't think I could replace the protein from meat eating. And don't quote me giving me some boring rant about how I can eat eggs (or, if you really are the most boring person on earth and are a vegan) bean curds or whatever.

I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't need to give anything up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alcohol, as it is a pleasure not something I have every day. Never having bacon or beef again would be too much of a wrench.
Reply 55
That's a tough question. I've probably not eaten a vegetarian meal for 3 years now; but I also drink almost every day. I have more of a dependency of alcohol TBH so I'd want to keep that. I literally feel sick if it's an evening and I've not had a drink yet.
lol id giveup booze easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xmertic
Sorry, but if someone thinks that they can't live without alcohol then their life must be pretty sad.

FYI - This comment was not aimed at anyone posting on here.

I've had to give up alcohol due the medication I'm on. My life isn't pretty sad. I just drink alcohol free beer when I can get it. I am happy, when out, to drink things like fruit juice, lemonade, coke, etc.

I don't really miss it that much. Kinda miffed though - I do have 3 cans of cider in my room.:redface:
Reply 58
Original post by tysonmaniac
As a vegetarian who does not drink, this is a difficult question to answer. But supposing I could only opt out of one of these activities, it would be meat, since I am fully prepared to sacrifice my happiness by drinking alcohol in order to avoid eating meat (for all the reasons I am vegetarian).

I'm a vege that does not drink, too. However, I don't see anything wrong with drinking small amounts, I just don't see the point.
So, I'm certainly with you, in that if I had to consume one it would be alcohol.
Original post by OU Student
I've had to give up alcohol due the medication I'm on. My life isn't pretty sad. I just drink alcohol free beer when I can get it. I am happy, when out, to drink things like fruit juice, lemonade, coke, etc.

I don't really miss it that much. Kinda miffed though - I do have 3 cans of cider in my room.:redface:

Okay. I'm saying that if a person were to say, 'oh I don't want to have to give up alcohol'. And would sacrifice something else for it, then I just think that's pretty sad. Alcohol isn't that good.

Quick Reply

Latest