The Student Room Group

Poll! How do you prefer to watch TV and listen to the radio?!

Scroll to see replies

I watch the news and soaps on live tv, if I miss them then I might watch them on ITV player but most of the time I don't bother.
I watch things like QI and WILTO on youtube if I'm eating and there's nothing better on live. That's about all that I watch except when certain series are on, so watching Doctor Who on live tv at the moment and will watch Big School on iplayer at some point cos I missed that.
my ONLY tv options
Note: its just indonesian tv's
Trans TV:****s
AnTV:Mahabharat
TVRI:news and ****s
Trans 7:****s
Net. :Ini Talkshow(this is talkshow)
Kompas TV:Another 'best' BBC Programmes
TV One: the most untrusted news station, really really different
MetroTV:Jokowi-Related ****s.

ARD/Das Erste(via VPN):Tagesschau
BBC One (via iPlayer(via VPN)):Countryfile
Youtube

Radio
Suara Surabaya(sound of surabaya) online
Reply 62
Original post by boos63
This may be compleately irrelevant... but i just wondered if you knew whether you needed a television lisence to watch tv off my laptop fro mthe internet? I will be staying in student accomodation at university.
Thanks in advance :smile:

do it all the time and i'm fine
watchseries.lt is my TV :biggrin:
Not so much as I used too, I think TV has fallen by the wayside and we are now entering a new era of on-demand content.
Yeah I only ever use catch-up or live-streaming on my iPad really. This is because 1) it's easier, you don't have to worry about making sure you watch a programme when it's scheduled and there's less adverts. 2) we have one tv in the house, during the day it's being used by my little brothers and in the evening my parents use it so unless they're watching something I also watch (GBBO, Holby City, Casualty etc.) then I won't use the television at all.

Sometimes if I've got a bit of time I'll binge-watch some random show on YouTube or Netflix or *cough* those dodgy streaming websites that are probably not legal.
Never watch TV. Can't stand adverts. I just torrent everything.
top kek at TSR using their users for consumer surveys.
For tv shows, I watch iplayer in my room because my parents monitor what I watch on tv downstairs -- and won't let me buy a tv for my room.

for radio, I listen via apps on my phone & to podcasts, and listen live in the car
I can't remember the last time I watched live television. I record everything because a) when my stuff comes on someone else is watching television b) I hate breaks c) I never need to worry about missing something.

I don't like watching things on iplayer and 40D because of the breaks.

I also have Netflix subscription...

I never listen to the radio, in fact I hate the radio!
DVR at home, online catch up at uni.
Reply 71
watching TV via iPlayer, Netflix and DVR.
listening to the radio via vtuner (on my stereo), tunein and Xbox music.

some interesting numbers about movie consumers and how they use different services. found it quite interesting!
I don't own a tv right no (sold the last one) and i honestly don't even feel like something's missing,i watch/listen everything on my laptop
I use Spotify and Youtube, though I don't actually watch TV much anymore. I usually just go on my laptop, or watch anime and shows on streaming sites and Youtube.
Reply 74
The only TV I currently watch is football (World Cup, BPL, CL etc...) and Formula 1 racing.

Other than that, I'm more of a film person, though I am currently in the middle of watching the Breaking Bad TV Series which I have on my laptop and watch on my TV 8)
People who say they torrent everything/refuse to watch adverts - how exactly do you think TV is made? From magic money that grows on trees?

If everybody torrented whatever they wanted and never watched adverts, there would be nothing for you to torrent.
Original post by moutonfou
People who say they torrent everything/refuse to watch adverts - how exactly do you think TV is made? From magic money that grows on trees?

If everybody torrented whatever they wanted and never watched adverts, there would be nothing for you to torrent.

Well, one Russian TV channel uploads all their shows online for you to watch any time any where. HBO and Showtime don't do this because they're too greedy - instead they make their shows only exclusive to Sky customers.

So that's why Game of Thrones is torrented so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
TV: Freeview on a Freeview box connected to a analogue TV set using composite cables
Films: Just watch it off-demand whenever I'm lucky it gets shown on a Freeview channel
Recording: Using VHS tapes on a VCR
Online services: Since the 56k dial-up connection is too slow, no services like Netflix or iPlayer are functioning
(edited 9 years ago)
I would watch TV if I could... I just can't because my little sister almost always hogs the telly to watch Peppa Pig. :Y
Original post by Mr...
TV, Netflix and Youtube :redface:
( I rarely actually watch TV on the TV though)

ME TOO NETFLEX IS MY JAM! :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending