The Student Room Group

Poll! How do you prefer to watch TV and listen to the radio?!

Poll

How do you prefer to watch TV & listen to the radio?

Gone are the days where we had to plan our viewing and listening in line with broadcasters. Now we have the ability to watch and listen whenever we want too - bliss! How do you watch "television" and do you listen to radio?

Let us know :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
About to start my postgraduate degree, but honestly during my undergraduate have the time I just downloaded tv shows from pirate bay, used bbc i player, i even watched football on the internet (yeah, i'm a bad guy)...i can honestly say i dont need a tv to survive...whereas for radio i tend to listen to it from time to time lying in bed before i fall asleep, favorite show: paul miller show on bbc solent
Reply 2
About to start my postgraduate degree, but honestly during my undergraduate because of time constraints I just downloaded tv shows from pirate bay, used bbc i player, i even watched football on the internet (yeah, i'm a bad guy)...i can honestly say i dont need a tv to survive...whereas for radio i tend to listen to it from time to time lying in bed before i fall asleep, favorite show: paul miller show on bbc solent
TV:
Sports: Sky Go, BT Sport website, BBC Live, YouTube.
Shows: BBC iPlayer, 4od, Catchup TV. Mostly Pirate Bay though.
Films: Pirate Bay.

Radio: Car.
American and British shows - usually on my TV.

Russian shows - usually, I catch up on the shows I missed live on the channels' sites (for free and no time restriction!) or use a Russian TV app to view live shows.
I rarely watch tv, but if I do it tends to be online (catch up or whatever) because I only have access to an actual tv when I'm at home. When I'm home I'll record stuff occasionally or use on demand so I can watch it whenever :smile:
Reply 6
I use Netflix mainly. I subscribe to NOWTV (when Game of Thrones is on).
I also sometimes use catch up services like BBC iPlayer and ITV Player. I sometimes even watch live TV using these players on computer/laptop.
The only thing I actually use the Television for is to watch a DVD or TBBT reruns.
I mostly use Sky On Demand and Netflix.
Reply 8
Record it then watch it later. Can't stand the adverts so fast forward through them,
Reply 9
With radio I go along with whatever's on since its only either music or LBC. Whereas, I rely on catchup channels and YouTube for TV shows now.
Why watch TV when you have streaming websites and torrents?
We don't have a TV licence and don't want one. Our TV's main use is as a computer monitor, so anything we want to watch is downloaded or on demand.

I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation about the ads on tv at the moment because I have no clue
I use Netflix, but for the shows that aren't on there I'll just buy the DVD.
I also purchase the Sky Go monthly live streaming subscription if there's a series currently on that I'm interested in, but it comes and goes.
I watch On Demand for the majority bar sports which I always watch live.
I probably watch less live TV than I do 'catch up' services and thinks like Netflix or Amazon Video.

Though I do like watching really popular things on 'live' TV so you can interact with other people watching at the same time on social media (like Facebook, Twitter or TSR).
I didn't know how to fix my tv after the switch over and never really watched it much before that anyway so my sister nicked it. But I only watch things online either netflix, iplayer or "other". Don't really download things due to the fact I'm impatient and it takes too long, prefer to stream.
Streaming mainly - used to use Netflix but found more content I preferred on Amazon Instant
Why no DVR option? That's how I watch. I record TV to my planner and then watch it some other time.
Original post by Alleykat606
Streaming mainly - used to use Netflix but found more content I preferred on Amazon Instant

Really, Amazon Instant in the UK is dreadful how can you watch it? :s-smilie:
Original post by tehFrance
Really, Amazon Instant in the UK is dreadful how can you watch it? :s-smilie:

I just exhausted Netflix to death in the end :tongue: Breaking Bad, Prison Break etc. all done multiple times. Amazon Instant has more interesting film options too. I mainly use it for Parks and Rec, Community and Scrubs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending