The Student Room Group

Missing lectures

I know this is probably in the wrong forum section, but oh well. If so it'll be moved :smile:

So I don't intend to miss any lectures, but in January I'm going to have to miss one or two days because I'll be in Iceland. I really want to avoid falling behind, but I'm willing to miss two days for the holiday.

So anyway, will details and info/summaries be online from the lecture so I can get the info from there? Or am I just going to have to miss it? I imagine it varies from course though.

If it helps I'm doing Games Design at UCLan :smile:
Original post by xmertic
I know this is probably in the wrong forum section, but oh well. If so it'll be moved :smile:

So I don't intend to miss any lectures, but in January I'm going to have to miss one or two days because I'll be in Iceland. I really want to avoid falling behind, but I'm willing to miss two days for the holiday.

So anyway, will details and info/summaries be online from the lecture so I can get the info from there? Or am I just going to have to miss it? I imagine it varies from course though.

If it helps I'm doing Games Design at UCLan :smile:

The majority of lecturers will put the slides on Blackboard, or something similar, so you'll most likely be okay.
We've all missed more lectures than we want to admit, I wouldn't worry!
Moved to University Life :h:
Reply 3
Original post by awkwardusername
The majority of lecturers will put the slides on Blackboard, or something similar, so you'll most likely be okay.
We've all missed more lectures than we want to admit, I wouldn't worry!

Well that's reassuring, thanks :smile: I might miss some practical stuff but I'll do the work in my own time to get that down :biggrin:

Also as far as I'm aware there are seminars for each lecture?
Original post by xmertic
Well that's reassuring, thanks :smile: I might miss some practical stuff but I'll do the work in my own time to get that down :biggrin:

Also as far as I'm aware there are seminars for each lecture?

It varies for each subject, but there's almost always a seminar or workshop or something related to the lecture in the days following it!
depends on the uni and subject, but january is mostly exam time as far as i know. i would find the lectures you are gonna miss, and asap get the content and get it done before you go.
Reply 6
All the UCLan courses use Blackboard and all lecture slides are posted online. I rarely go to lectures.
Most lecturers put stuff up on blackboard and if its only occasionally you are fine moving them; some courses have attendance checking and if you fall under a certain percentage they might ask to see you about it( my course calls you in if its under 80%).
Bare in mind exams are the third/fourth week in january but the exam timetable is up quite early so you should be able to find out well before
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
Most lecturers put stuff up on blackboard and if its only occasionally you are fine moving them; some courses have attendance checking and if you fall under a certain percentage they might ask to see you about it( my course calls you in if its under 80%).
Bare in mind exams are the third/fourth week in january but the exam timetable is up quite early so you should be able to find out well before

My attendance was absolutely shocking, yet the uni never pulled me about it. I was doing very well though, so I guess if you're doing well they don't care.
It is not a big issue. Although apparently there are exams in January. So you may want to be careful about that, but most lecturers are pretty understanding people and wont mind you missing a few lectures.
As soon as you know, talk to your Professor, as a matter of courtesy. Even if they are not usually put up, you should be able to work something out with them.

Quick Reply

Latest