The Student Room Group

GCSE help:-(

I'm really struggling on physics, chemistry and biology and I need them all at B's and I'm getting D's. I have a year when I get back to school, is it do-able? If so, any techniques/tips? Help!
It is never too late to improve. You need to try and figure out the reasons why you don't do as well as you want. Is it because you don't take your studies seriously enough or because you genuinely find them hard to understand? If the first one is the case, you should really change your attitude and work harder in the coming year. If the latter is the case, you need to go to your bio, chem and phys teachers and tell them about how you want to improve but not sure how. Maybe there are booser lessons running at school, maybe you need to do practive questions or read over your notes again?
Have you heard of http://www.my-gcsescience.com/ ? He made science videos you may find helpful.
Good luck!
Reply 2
As soon as I start school I am going to revision in all my chosen subjects, science in particular I think the reason I don't do as we'll is the fact we have core, additional and triple which really confuses me as I never know what I have done the previous lesson due to the fact I may have done something similar in another subject:-(.
Reply 3
Thank you anyways!:smile:
my gcse science is a life saver! honestly this guy is fantastic. you will defo ace it. watch his videos and make notes.
Reply 5
I do agree it will never be too late to improve according to what !Muy had said. I was panic when I was in year 10 because my grades in science are not so good which I only got a B-C in chemistry, D in biology and C in physics. However, I didn't give up and work harder (including start my revision earlier, do more past paper ,concentrate in lessons and ask when I have questions.

I finally got a overall A in chemistry, B in biology and B in physics. Therefore, I'm sure you will be fine if you do what you need to do:smile: Don't be panic and get started:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending