The Student Room Group

Family pressure and stress from poor AS grades

Hello,

This year I took maths, chem, bio and physics and want to go to uni to study EEE or another engineering degree. My parents thought I was going to achieve all A's but I was far from that achieving 2 Bs and 2 Cs with Bs in maths and physics.

The thing is I worked really hard, like two hours every morning before school from January onwards and every night for like three hours. I was predicted all As which made me even more upset as when I met my teachers during results day they were disappointed and angry at how badly I'd done.

I've never really experienced such bad grades as for GCSE I achieved 7A*s and 4As. What's worse is that my sisters both achieved much better grades and are now studying medicine and banking after going to top units with straight As at AS and A2.

They believe I should match them even though I know I worked my hardest and still failed. I'm seriously considering not going to uni and doing an apprenticeship as I'm useless at every subject no matter how hard I try.

What should I do?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Hello,

This year I took maths, chem, bio and physics and want to go to uni to study EEE or another engineering degree. My parents thought I was going to achieve all A's but I was far from that achieving 2 Bs and 2 Cs with Bs in maths and physics.

The thing is I worked really hard, like two hours every morning before school from January onwards and every night for like three hours. I was predicted all As which made me even more upset as when I met my teachers during results day they were disappointed and angry at how badly I'd done.

I've never really experienced such bad grades as for GCSE I achieved 7A*s and 4As. What's worse is that my sisters both achieved much better grades and are now studying medicine and banking after going to top units with straight As at AS and A2.

They believe I should match them even though I know I worked my hardest and still failed. I'm seriously considering not going to uni and doing an apprenticeship as I'm useless at every subject no matter how hard I try.

What should I do?

Resit a few papers it's not that bad
Reply 2
There's nothing you can do apart from resit. They don't sound that bad anyway.
Ok so you have got BBCC so far, which isn't too bad. Drop one subject you got C in, so carry on A2 with BBC. Resit few modules next year which should be easier because you will have A2 skills too. This year try extra extra hard.
How are you revising? Are you doing lots of past papers? I got my AAA in A2 and I literally revised by doing tons of past papers as far upto 2005.
Then apply to unis carefully, apply to 2 russell group unis, 2 ucas-point unis, and 1 of your choice.
My friend did chemical engineering with fairly average grades. So yes, its possible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending