The Student Room Group

how do/would you use your organisation diary/filofax organisation things?

I really want a diary/filofax type thing
because I tend to have hoarding tendancy

but I don't know what I should use them for at university like most people do ?

What are you lot planning to put in it at uni? i would like a list of things because I am interested to know..

or are you just going to use it for ..dates ?
i have no idea

:biggrin:
Reply 1
I've got an academic diary. I'll be using it for marking important dates, deadlines for coursework, making priority lists of work, keeping up to date with my timetable. I'll just generally be using it to organise my time and make sure I'm always up to date with work, ect. :burnout:
Which academic diary would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got an academic diary all three years of my degree and ended up not using it every year :lol: I guess most people use them to keep note of deadlines, exam dates, semester start/end etc.
Reply 4
Original post by SparklingSaph
Which academic diary would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the Pearson Academic Diary. I haven't used it yet but have had a flip through and it looks really good and detailed..!
I use my diary for my lecture/seminar times, assignment deadlines, important reminders, lecturer contact info, term dates, I pretty much fill out my entire life in it :tongue:
I have a palgrave student planner. It's really good, it has soooo much stuff in it, including recipes, how to manage stress, a section for a revision timetable and much, much more.
Reply 7
I have a filofax split into 6 sections
1-contacts (emergency, doctor, teachers emails)
2-to do lists and shopping lists
3- financial. This way I can easily keep track of what I'm spending to help me budget
4- subject information. So I keep track of my assignments, what's due when, books to borrow etc
5- diary. 5a is a monthly view. I have stickers to make important dates stand out. E.g. red sticker shows deadline, Green when money comes in, yellow, money out, blue social event or appointment
5b is a weekly view which I jot things down on like a normal diary.
6 note paper to scribble random things on

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Palgrave or pearson academic planner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've bought the palgrave diary :smile:
They do really good student specific diaries in WH Smith which I am going to use :smile:

It's like the planners you used to get at school so will keep me organise but they are slightly more grown up than those ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
People actually spend 70+ on an organiser?...you could get the same thing for cheaper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a normal small diary for my work schedule and training only.

For my academic planner, I will be putting in lecture subject/time it start and ends, seminars, workshops time/subject/room number, etc. Purely for uni only! And fill it with revision timetable and timetable for classes/lectures.

I have a separate book called 'study planner' (I think that is what its called...), and this is where I will be putting down my lecture notes, subject and what date it was on and it is easier to compare with my academic planner so I know what that lecture/workshop/seminar was about... If that makes any sense? As it has a lot more room, and it will not result in scribbles and trying to fit a massive essay in a minuscule box.

(quite a lot of forward slashes going on here!) :colone:
Reply 13
Original post by ItsJustMe17
People actually spend 70+ on an organiser?...you could get the same thing for cheaper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just bought a filofax off ebay for £18

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291122692358?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I have a Clipbook :smile:
i used a student planner type thing for day to day things, and a wall calendar for big things like deadlines, meetings, visits home etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending