The Student Room Group

River Island Interview 2014

Hello everyone!

I recently got an email from River Island inviting me to their Recruitment Event. I applied for their Sales Advisor Operations on line and got an interview! :smile: But I'm really nervous over it - I've studied their site and fashion trends at the moment. Even went into the store to look at how their employees dress! I just wanted to know if anyone's in the same position/any tips on the interview process and how to be successful?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

I'm in the exact same position as you, I applied for their Temp Sales Advisor and got Recruitment event next week!
Which store are you applying for?
Reply 2
Hi,
Im in the same position but im at Cardiff
Reply 3
I'm applying for Sales Advisor Operations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I currently work at River Island and am a Sales and Service Sales Advisor. Operations is basically the stockroom and usually involves getting store orders and running customer checks up and down stairs. I'd say for interview, wear something interesting - DO NOT go head to toe in River Island gear, you'll probably have to explain why you wore your outfit too. Just be yourself :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Princess3795
I currently work at River Island and am a Sales and Service Sales Advisor. Operations is basically the stockroom and usually involves getting store orders and running customer checks up and down stairs. I'd say for interview, wear something interesting - DO NOT go head to toe in River Island gear, you'll probably have to explain why you wore your outfit too. Just be yourself :-)

Thank you for the response! I felt like ny interview went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey guys! Just an update: I got the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by pandabun
Hey guys! Just an update: I got the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great, I hope you become more successful in your job.
well done :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, could you give me some tips on what happened and what trends they have, thank you :smile: x
Reply 9
Original post by Fzafarz
Hi, could you give me some tips on what happened and what trends they have, thank you :smile: x

For trends - just look on their site you can see all the latest trends :smile:
Just honestly talk a lot and be confident!!
We just had an ice breaker then did a 30 min activity about customer service then it was a one to one interview :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Jadebate
That's great, I hope you become more successful in your job.
well done :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
someone help me?
Went to my interview at river island Monday, she told me she would email me by Tuesday/Wednesday getting abit worried as induction day is Thursday what should I do??
Reply 12
Got an interview on Sunday; I'm pretty confident but the only thing I'm slightly nervous about is having to pick an outfit for a celebrity. I was just wondering, for anyone that's had an interview recently, do we get to choose the celebrity or do the managers pick a celebrity for us? I'll be fine if we pick, I'd be confident but I'm slightly concerned that if they do it, I won't know the celebrity and therefore would have no idea how to dress him/her......:colondollar: If anyone could shed a bit more detail on the whole process too that would be cool!
Reply 13
I have to go for an interview on Monday (Sales Advisor) Slightly nervous, it's only my second interview so far. The only thing I am worried about is the same thing what Knappa90 said. Not to mention we need to talk about why we chose the outfit and I need to make sure I don't bs my way through lol. Also, would anyone give their opinions on whether it is necessary or say desirable (if so, to what extent) to wear at least one clothing item from RI? I don't own anything as of now, nor co I have the money to spend a lot and RI clothing is pretty darn expensive for a uni student like me. Any idea? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
It's probably advisable to wear something from River Island; I'm going to wear one item of clothing from RI but I definitely wouldn't go head to toe dressed in it! It may come across as too try hard. I'm gonna wear some light wash River Island jeans, pair of Converse and a Topman check shirt unbuttoned with a white T-shirt underneath - but I think the important thing is that you are dressed in the current trends!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by cmy1294
I have to go for an interview on Monday (Sales Advisor) Slightly nervous, it's only my second interview so far. The only thing I am worried about is the same thing what Knappa90 said. Not to mention we need to talk about why we chose the outfit and I need to make sure I don't bs my way through lol. Also, would anyone give their opinions on whether it is necessary or say desirable (if so, to what extent) to wear at least one clothing item from RI? I don't own anything as of now, nor co I have the money to spend a lot and RI clothing is pretty darn expensive for a uni student like me. Any idea? Thanks! :smile:

How did your interview go? I had to cancel mine because my shift at work got changed and had to work the evening :frown:
I have an interview for a sales assistant position at River Island! Really hope I get the job, bit nervous but hopefully ill do okay! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by chlodobaggins
I have an interview for a sales assistant position at River Island! Really hope I get the job, bit nervous but hopefully ill do okay! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, hope it goes well for you. Which store is it for?
Original post by Knappa90
Good luck, hope it goes well for you. Which store is it for?

I think It went well, but time will tell! It was for the Arndale Centre store in Manchester :biggrin:
what was it like? what did they ask you and did you get the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending