The Student Room Group

Can a university withdraw an unconditional, confirmed offer?

Okay so this is an unusual situation. I have an unconditional, confirmed offer to study English literature at The University of Gloucestershire.

However, the original conditions were AAB and a C in GCSE maths (I was offered a re-take at my college) I received my grade (ABB) and they still confirmed my place, even though I was a grade shy. I just got my GCSE math result, and I got an E.

There has been no talk of this prior condition, and today the even confirmed my accommodation and took my 200 pound deposit.

Should I be worried they with withdraw if/when they get my re-take result? Can they do that?
Original post by annemarie92
Okay so this is an unusual situation. I have an unconditional, confirmed offer to study English literature at The University of Gloucestershire.

However, the original conditions were AAB and a C in GCSE maths (I was offered a re-take at my college) I received my grade (ABB) and they still confirmed my place, even though I was a grade shy. I just got my GCSE math result, and I got an E.

There has been no talk of this prior condition, and today the even confirmed my accommodation and took my 200 pound deposit.

Should I be worried they with withdraw if/when they get my re-take result? Can they do that?

Universities are given access to results before you are, so they should already have them. If I were you, I'd contact them for clarification as soon as possible. Whilst it is probably fine, you really need to get it confirmed by the University just in case there has been a mistake made and to prevent any nasty surprises later.

Quick Reply

Latest