The Student Room Group

College Enrolment Help

Hi, so I have applied and received a place for 2 colleges and I am now really struggling to decide which to enrol in...

College 1
Is 10 minutes on the bus from my house
Lots of people from my high school go there and all my friends have enrolled there already
Achieves very good results and is apparently on the top 10 UK colleges list?
BUT when i went to the open day i found it to be really unwelcoming and I felt like I didn't belong there (probably me being stupid but it just felt weird and uncomfortable)

College 2
Is a mixed Grammar Sixth Form
Achieves amazing results
There was a great A-Level geography syllabus (sounds really small but I just got really excited about it)
I got one of 40 places given to external applicants!
I felt really welcomed and all the teachers were really passionate and lovely
BUT I would have to get the tram there which would take about 1 hour and a half
I would know nobody there and everyone will have close friendship groups after 5 years of high school together

Which would you go to? I really need some help with deciding as I have to confirm or decline the offer for College 2 within 24 hours :confused: any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by -sophia-
Hi, so I have applied and received a place for 2 colleges and I am now really struggling to decide which to enrol in...

College 1
Is 10 minutes on the bus from my house
Lots of people from my high school go there and all my friends have enrolled there already
Achieves very good results and is apparently on the top 10 UK colleges list?
BUT when i went to the open day i found it to be really unwelcoming and I felt like I didn't belong there (probably me being stupid but it just felt weird and uncomfortable)

College 2
Is a mixed Grammar Sixth Form
Achieves amazing results
There was a great A-Level geography syllabus (sounds really small but I just got really excited about it)
I got one of 40 places given to external applicants!
I felt really welcomed and all the teachers were really passionate and lovely
BUT I would have to get the tram there which would take about 1 hour and a half
I would know nobody there and everyone will have close friendship groups after 5 years of high school together

Which would you go to? I really need some help with deciding as I have to confirm or decline the offer for College 2 within 24 hours :confused: any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:

I'd opt for option one since it means you don't wait a ridiculous amount of time on a tram. Also, you won't have to worry about making new friends.
Reply 2
Original post by lilacunicorn
I'd opt for option one since it means you don't wait a ridiculous amount of time on a tram. Also, you won't have to worry about making new friends.

Okay thank you!
Reply 3
Bump :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest