Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I received my French GCSE grades: (AQA)
Unit 1 - c
Unit 2 - a
Unit 3 - a*
Unit 4 - b
I'm not sure why I got a B in unit 4. as it is coursework, my teacher marked it first as two A*'s. But now I have a B. Can I get unit 4 remarked? Do you think I should get any of the others remarked?
Also, is there a possibility of me resitting just the listening and reading?
Will a clerical check help with the unit 4? Thanks.

As far as I know, you cannot remark coursework :redface: a remark is only worth it if you're very close to the next grade! I doubt the clerical check would do anything :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
I got a B, mark 237. to get an A I needed 240. is that close enough?

Yeah I'd say so :smile: go for it if you want to :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a B, mark 237. to get an A I needed 240. is that close enough?

That would be very close, and you'd probably need 2 extra marks in this unit. You've probably been moderated down, and I don't think you can remark this unit.

Clerical checks seldom work and would be a waste of money, therefore a remark in an examination unit would be better.

Hence you could only remark reading / listening units but it's not advisable since it's not very subjective as there is a very strict mark scheme. However if it's for peace of mind, then I can understand, and good luck! But it does come at a cost of course...
Reply 5
I received my French GCSE grades: (AQA)

I'm not sure why I got a B in unit 4. as it is coursework, my teacher marked it first as two A*'s. But now I have a B. Can I get unit 4 remarked? Do you think I should get any of the others remarked?
Also, is there a possibility of me resitting just the listening and reading?
Will a clerical check help with the unit 4? Thanks.

If unit 4 is the writing CA then it is exam board marked and you can just go for a re-mark. If it is the speaking then it is centre-assessed and you can't.

You could resit just the exams next summer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks for the encouragement. the deadline is on September 20. So, I'll have to go to my teacher when school starts and talk to her about it, that I want a re-mark right?

You're welcome :h: yeah sounds good to me :biggrin: best of luck if you do decide to remark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh, and they will only remark the one I ask them to right? Do you think I should get the whole qualification remarked? I just really want to find them 3 marks!

Yes :smile: if you're prepared to spend a lot of money you could :tongue:
It's unit 4, writing.
I got an a* in unit 3, speaking.
so your saying that I can get a remark on the unit 4 as my teacher had first given it an a* and it went down by two grades right?

Yes, as your teacher didn't formally mark it, the exam board did. You can get it re-marked just like any exam unit.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest