The Student Room Group

does OCR have a UMS converter?

I need to know exactly how many raw marks I need to achieve an A*, as I am 4 UMS off, but I can't seem to find anything on their website like AQA has :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
I need to know exactly how many raw marks I need to achieve an A*, as I am 3 UMS off, but I can't seem to find anything on their website like AQA has :frown:

No, they don't. Both Edexcel and AQA do - I have absolutely no idea why OCR doesn't have this tool. However, it is possible to work it out yourself. The conversion is linear between grades, so it is theoretically possible to work it out if you do a bit of maths.
Reply 2
I need to know exactly how many raw marks I need to achieve an A*, as I am 3 UMS off, but I can't seem to find anything on their website like AQA has :frown:

For which subject and unit? Maybe I can work it out for you.
Original post by Blobar
For which subject and unit? Maybe I can work it out for you.

thank you!! In geography B563 H key geographical themes, I got 103/120 UMS which is an A, and need 107 for an A* (I only need 4 more UMS overall for an A*).
Reply 4
thank you!! In geography B563 H key geographical themes, I got 103/120 UMS which is an A, and need 107 for an A* (I only need 4 more UMS overall for an A*).

It's hard to linearly extrapolate these boundaries accurately lol. You need 3 more marks though, it might be the case that you need 4 though due to rounding. It's very likely you'll only need 3 more marks though, whether you'll get that in a remark is upto you to decide.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blobar
It's hard to linearly extrapolate these boundaries accurately lol. You need 3 more marks though, it might be the case that you need 4 though due to rounding. It's very likely you'll only need 3 more marks though, whether you'll get that in a remark is upto you to decide.

That's exactly what I calculated; I figured I need a minimum of 3 more marks and have decided to go through with a remark since 3 of the geography questions are essay based and potentially subjective, but wanted to double check whether it could possibly be 4 more. Thank you for your help! Fingers crossed.
Reply 6
That's exactly what I calculated; I figured I need a minimum of 3 more marks and have decided to go through with a remark since 3 of the geography questions are essay based and potentially subjective, but wanted to double check whether it could possibly be 4 more. Thank you for your help! Fingers crossed.

Definitely not more than 4.

No problem. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest