The Student Room Group

If you get a GCSE Edexcel maths A remark, are the marks more likely to go up or down?

I got 163 UMS Marks in my maths GCSE which is one UMS mark off an A* and it's really bugging me to get it remarked, which I will definitely do, however I would like to know what the chances are that I'll get that one mark. Do marks go up or down on average?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Margareter
I got 163 UMS Marks in my maths GCSE which is one UMS mark off an A* and it's really bugging me to get it remarked, which I will definitely do, however I would like to know what the chances are that I'll get that one mark. Do marks go up or down on average?

The most likely situation is that nothing will happen, particularly with Maths where any kind of mark movement is very, very unusual. Since people generally only get a remark when they feel harshly marked, it's more likely that your mark will increase. But this is still very, very unlikely - I definitely wouldn't expect any change.
Original post by Chlorophile
The most likely situation is that nothing will happen, particularly with Maths where any kind of mark movement is very, very unusual. Since people generally only get a remark when they feel harshly marked, it's more likely that your mark will increase. But this is still very, very unlikely - I definitely wouldn't expect any change.

I don't know how many points I was "off" but I added up the marks myself and I should have gotten at least 100/200...... well apparently I scored a C. I was predicted a B the whole year so I am definitely getting it remarked. Is there any chances my score would go up?

Quick Reply

Latest