The Student Room Group

Can't decide between two good sixth forms?

I just got my GCSE results and after applying to two grammar school sixth forms, I've received offers from both. I like them equally and I've said yes to both of them. What should I do? :confused:
Original post by DazBoy
I just got my GCSE results and after applying to two grammar school sixth forms, I've received offers from both. I like them equally and I've said yes to both of them. What should I do? :confused:

Well obviously you can't go to both... would you be boarding or a day student? If you're going to be a day student then you should choose the more convenient option. Likewise, does one have a better reputation for the courses you're studying? If one is famed for its arts performance and one its science then you should choose the one that is more suited to your subjects.

If you really can't decide then just pick a name out of a hat... I'm sure either would provide a great education.
Reply 2
Original post by LeFailFish
Well obviously you can't go to both... would you be boarding or a day student? If you're going to be a day student then you should choose the more convenient option. Likewise, does one have a better reputation for the courses you're studying? If one is famed for its arts performance and one its science then you should choose the one that is more suited to your subjects.

If you really can't decide then just pick a name out of a hat... I'm sure either would provide a great education.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to be a day student but they're both easy for me to get to. I'm definitely going to look into what results they got for the courses I'm studying though.
Yeah I'd do what the above poster said and if I really couldn't choose I'd go to the closest one but maybe think to when you visited them and which one had the most pleasant/welcoming atmosphere, good facilities and if you're into extra curricular, check out what each school has. And yeah check their results!
Reply 4
Original post by DazBoy

I had that problem and in the end I just went for the one which made me feel most comfortable. They're obviously both good schools so forget about grades and everything else and look at the atmosphere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending