The Student Room Group

What do you study in A-Level Biology?

I'm going to start Sixth Form in 13 days and one of my options is Biology. My old school said that A-Level Biology is based on Biology Unit 3 for GCSE. I did not study this for GCSE, so I was wondering if I should learn it in preparation for when school starts.

Also I was wondering what the topics studied were.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by undine_monty
I'm going to start Sixth Form in 13 days and one of my options is Biology. My old school said that A-Level Biology is based on Biology Unit 3 for GCSE. I did not study this for GCSE, so I was wondering if I should learn it in preparation for when school starts.

You can find out all of the information about the topics studied in A Level Biology by looking at the specification on the exam board's website.
Original post by undine_monty

If you know your exam board look at their specification :h:

I did OCR and the first unit is very similar to the unit 3 of AQA GCSE, there's so much overlap but additional detail,

instead of learning the GCSE unit 3 just look at the specification and try to learn something from that and just look online you'll find plenty of resources to get a jump start on the game :h: best of luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending