The Student Room Group

dreading first year of uni as it comes closer? *help*

There's 3 weeks left and i still feel like I'm not ready and wish i started abit later. I'm excited about the prospect of starting but really nervous at the same time. I'm not even leaving home as I'll be commuting so why do i feel like this?

Scroll to see replies

it's a Big step, it's normal to feel like that
Original post by Lewis82727
it's a Big step, it's normal to feel like that

I wish this feeling went away :frown:
Original post by Secretnerd123
I wish this feeling went away :frown:

Well It will be fine, what course are you doing and at what Uni ?
Original post by Lewis82727
Well It will be fine, what course are you doing and at what Uni ?

Psychology at queen mary's. you?
Reply 5
I'm in the same boat. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. :s-smilie:

The studying doesn't worry me... just, you know, literally everything else...
Reply 6
Commuting sucks!! Living in halls is the way to go...
Reply 7
I'm really scared about making friends since I'm such a shy person. I need people to approach me before I'll even speak to them.
If you are commuting there is nothing to be worried about lol
Original post by JoshZ
Commuting sucks!! Living in halls is the way to go...

Not for everyone.
Reply 10
Ndella
I'm really scared about making friends since I'm such a shy person. I need people to approach me before I'll even speak to them.
Me too. I'm not really shy, I just struggle to be myself around people at first. And I don't really drink, so I'm worried that people won't want me around - like they'll assume that I'm no fun, or that I don't want to be around people who drink... neither is true... but I'm freaking out a bit.
There's 3 weeks left and i still feel like I'm not ready and wish i started abit later. I'm excited about the prospect of starting but really nervous at the same time. I'm not even leaving home as I'll be commuting so why do i feel like this?

Same here :frown: I just feel like I'm not ready! especially when I'm having some trouble sorting out finance and I actually don't know what I'm doing when I get there :/ haven't bought any tickets for fresher events, scared about my anxiety and awkwardness., plus don't know what to do as a non drinker & clubber during freshers aargh :argh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kes96
Me too. I'm not really shy, I just struggle to be myself around people at first. And I don't really drink, so I'm worried that people won't want me around - like they'll assume that I'm no fun, or that I don't want to be around people who drink... neither is true... but I'm freaking out a bit.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
purple_clouds
same, i dont drink at all and am slightly worried about socializing because of this. i hope my flatmates wont exclude me when they will be pre-drinking as i will probably be consuming non alcoholic beverages
Exactly - that's what I'm worried about. I'm also dreading the questions about why I don't drink and the "Oh go on, just have one!" stuff.

And I'm just not very good at being a functioning person when faced with lots of new things all at once. I'm nervous that I'll be so focused on studying, finding part-time work, and remembering to eat real food, that I'll neglect friendships at first... and then it will be too late.
Psychology at queen mary's. you?

Physics foundation year, UCLAN.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
purple_clouds
i dont really think people are going to force us to drink though after we say no once or twice.
Yeah, I know... in theory anyway. :smile: I just really hope it's not going to be an issue.
Reply 17
Original post by Kes96

Exactly! I don't want to known as the boring one either

Same here.. :frown:

My biggest worries are commuting, not drinking/partying and making friends. Really hope I can fit in and find some friends..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ndella

Original post by Kes96
I'm in the same boat. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. :s-smilie:

The studying doesn't worry me... just, you know, literally everything else...

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Same here.. :frown:

My biggest worries are commuting, not drinking/partying and making friends. Really hope I can fit in and find some friends..

Thank god im not the only one who feels exactly like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending