The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

When will I hear back from accommodation?

Hiya, I've sent off my application for halls of residence at the University of Reading and am wondering when I will hear back? Submitted it on Monday 18th (the day it opened for insurance place holders). I also submitted it as an Insurance place holder. Also, what is the likelihood I will get offered one of my halls choices? Thanks in advance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mircat
Hiya, I've sent off my application for halls of residence at the University of Reading and am wondering when I will hear back? Submitted it on Monday 18th (the day it opened for insurance place holders). I also submitted it as an Insurance place holder. Also, what is the likelihood I will get offered one of my halls choices? Thanks in advance! :smile:

No idea when people hear back for accommodation, but im so happy you posted this now i know im not the only one panicking (i also applied on the 18th with Reading as my insurance and havent heard yet)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Elefant
No idea when people hear back for accommodation, but im so happy you posted this now i know im not the only one panicking (i also applied on the 18th with Reading as my insurance and havent heard yet)

lol, yeah I was fretting at first but I reckon they'll get back to us next week. I really hope I get my first choice.. What have you guys chosen?
Reply 3
Original post by zedaa
lol, yeah I was fretting at first but I reckon they'll get back to us next week. I really hope I get my first choice.. What have you guys chosen?

I put bridges hall as my first choice, all self catered, how about you?
Reply 4
Original post by zedaa

I put down Benyon as my first. The options were very limited when I applied. Guess it's because it was my insurance.
Reply 5
I put self catered mackinder halls as my first. The options were quite limited for me in terms of the arrival dates which was annoying.
Also, Did you visit reading? Because I never did get to and I'm wondering if I should soon..
Reply 6
Original post by zedaa
I put self catered mackinder halls as my first. The options were quite limited for me in terms of the arrival dates which was annoying.
Also, Did you visit reading? Because I never did get to and I'm wondering if I should soon..

I visited Reading and it was the best open day experience I had. The ppl there were incredibly nice and welcoming and the campus is amazing. Definitely worth paying a visit to see where you'll be for the next 3/4 years!
Reply 7
Original post by mircat
I visited Reading and it was the best open day experience I had. The ppl there were incredibly nice and welcoming and the campus is amazing. Definitely worth paying a visit to see where you'll be for the next 3/4 years!

I will! Thank you :smile:
btw has anyone heard back from accommodation yet.. ? It's getting worrying lol
Reply 8
Original post by zedaa
I will! Thank you :smile:
btw has anyone heard back from accommodation yet.. ? It's getting worrying lol

They are aiming to get back to students the week starting 1st September. Good luck
Original post by mircat

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks so much! I worked the Open Day and it's always nice to hear that people had a good time and thought we were nice! Reading IS really friendly, having just spent three years there I think I can safely assert that :smile:
Also, for those who are worried about slim pickings for accommodation, I got the cheapest hall at the time (it doesn't exist anymore) and a lot of the people there were in their last choice of accommodation. We still had an AMAZING time and you get such hall-pride, regardless of where you stay!
Anja
Student Ambassador and English Lit and International Relations Graduate
Reply 10
I got an offer for my first choice, Mackinder Halls this evening! :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
oh god now im scared that i havent heard! :L well done!
Reply 12
Original post by Elefant
oh god now im scared that i havent heard! :L well done!

Don't worry, I haven't heard back either :L
Reply 13
Original post by mircat
Don't worry, I haven't heard back either :L

ah that does make me feel better :h:
I've heard nothing either guys! :frown: Gonna call I think tmrw too find out !
Reply 15
guys, don't worry too much.. I think you'll get a response very very soon.
Has anyone enrolled yet before getting their accommodation offer?
Reply 17
Is anyones accommodation application still saying Awaiting verification?
Reply 18
Yeah mines still awaiting verification, and yeah i enrolled this morning :smile:
Reply 19
I though you couldn't enrol without haven accommodation confirmed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending