The Student Room Group

My husband needs an Oxbridge degree

My husband needs to be an Oxbridge graduate. I won't settle for any lesser intelligence because I don't like people's leftovers. I want my children to be cleverer than me and go to Oxbridge. I can just about manage to get into Sheffield University. This isn't good enough and I want better!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Stephen H
My husband needs to be an Oxbridge graduate. I won't settle for any lesser intelligence because I don't like people's leftovers. I want my children to be cleverer than me and go to Oxbridge. I can just about manage to get into Sheffield University. This isn't good enough and I want better!

Coming from a cambridge year 3 student, I would have to say having that sort of attitude in life will not get you into Oxbridge. There are kids out there who would do anything for a simple basic level education. It takes years of dedication in order to prepare the mind for the work load and stress and oxbridge student has to endure and making sure at the same having fun in life. I don't understand why you are degrading Sheffeild uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already bagged myself one :proud:
Reply 3
Original post by Syngrone
Coming from a cambridge year 3 student, I would have to say having that sort of attitude in life will not get you into Oxbridge. There are kids out there who would do anything for a simple basic level education. It takes years of dedication in order to prepare the mind for the work load and stress and oxbridge student has to endure and making sure at the same having fun in life. I don't understand why you are degrading Sheffeild uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate Sheffield. It's just ... Ugh. Dirty and full of poor people. It's the only Uni choice I have, as I was declined from the others...:angry:
Reply 4
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I already bagged myself one :proud:

Good for you. Does he use this forum?
Reply 5
This is obviously a troll.
Is this a troll? Please tell me this is a troll. Actually I don't care either way. This is hilarious stuff, OP.
Reply 7
Original post by Syngrone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because Sheffield isn't Oxbridge. Didn't you read her post?
Reply 8
Oxbridge reject too many just as able applicants, there is such a luck factor with Oxbridge as well.

I know geniuses who have been rejected by Oxbridge, with 10 A*s and 4 A*s at A Level.

Apparently the system works.
Reply 9
I think you should be more realistic, how about a Bangor graduate?
Good for you. Does he use this forum?

Ayuh. Hands off.
I thought you have a Muslim girlfriend?

Or

that you're a 17 year old girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol get over yourself. Sheffield full of poor people? Take it you are rich and went to a private school then?
Reply 13
Ayuh. Hands off.

Who is he?! :eek:
Who is he?! :eek:

I couldn't possibly tell you that, he'd be fighting them off with a stick :huff:
Reply 15
I couldn't possibly tell you that, he'd be fighting them off with a stick :huff:

I know who it is. :giggle:
I know who it is. :giggle:

Oh yeah? :sly: Who?
Reply 17
Oh yeah? :sly: Who?

Well...
Reply 18
Original post by David B
Because Sheffield isn't Oxbridge. Didn't you read her post?

No ****?
I hate Sheffield. It's just ... Ugh. Dirty and full of poor people. It's the only Uni choice I have, as I was declined from the others...:angry:

And yet my nephew deliberately chose Sheffield Uni for his firm this year :smile:

And his father got a degree from Sheffield in the 1980's, and is the award-winning editor of an aerospace magazine.

Everyone is different, why not try for a transfer to another university? Did you try for Clearing at the time?

Quick Reply

Latest