The Student Room Group

Is anyone selling used books?

Hey, so I can't afford to pay an arm, a leg, a mortgage, a down payment, an insurance policy or a pension plan for these books in my first year. My struggle is indeed real and I will take your books in any condition so long as they are still readable and reasonably priced (or free) in relation to the conditions that they are in. The following books are:

Jane Eyre. (Charlotte Bronte)
Through the looking glass (Lewis Carroll)
The picture of Dorian gray (Oscar Wilde)
The waste land (t.s. Eliot)
In our time (Ernest hemmingway)
Lunch poems (frank o'hara)
July's people (Nadine gordimer)
Fun home: a family tragicomic (Alison bechdel)*
Confessions of an english opium eater (Thomas de Quincey)
The Norton anthology of theory and criticism (Vincent leitch) this is a compulsory one and you have to buy the 2nd edition
Literary theory: an introduction (terry eagleton)
Literary theory: a very short introduction (Jonathan culler)
An introduction to literature, criticism and theory (Andrew Bennett and nicholas royle)
Paradise lost (a compulosry one but you have to get one of 4 particular editions)*
The riverside Chaucer third edition (edited Larry d benson) must have this particular edition.*
Chaucer and the Canterbury tales: a short introduction. (John Hirsh) this is just recommended
Original post by St.Paigester
Hey, so I can't afford to pay an arm, a leg, a mortgage, a down payment, an insurance policy or a pension plan for these books in my first year. My struggle is indeed real and I will take your books in any condition so long as they are still readable and reasonably priced (or free) in relation to the conditions that they are in. The following books are:

Jane Eyre. (Charlotte Bronte)
Through the looking glass (Lewis Carroll)
The picture of Dorian gray (Oscar Wilde)
The waste land (t.s. Eliot)
In our time (Ernest hemmingway)
Lunch poems (frank o'hara)
July's people (Nadine gordimer)
Fun home: a family tragicomic (Alison bechdel)*
Confessions of an english opium eater (Thomas de Quincey)
The Norton anthology of theory and criticism (Vincent leitch) this is a compulsory one and you have to buy the 2nd edition
Literary theory: an introduction (terry eagleton)
Literary theory: a very short introduction (Jonathan culler)
An introduction to literature, criticism and theory (Andrew Bennett and nicholas royle)
Paradise lost (a compulosry one but you have to get one of 4 particular editions)*
The riverside Chaucer third edition (edited Larry d benson) must have this particular edition.*
Chaucer and the Canterbury tales: a short introduction. (John Hirsh) this is just recommended

I imagine a lot of these you can just borrow from libraries? A good website for used books is www.abebooks.co.uk -- I remember getting big standard texts like Paradise Lost / Chaucer for ~£10 off there, which is somewhat decent. You should also try asking on any Facebook pages / groups dedicated to the year above's freshers / English students--I'm sure there'll be some who don't want theirs anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending