The Student Room Group

Re-mark experiences

Hey guys, I've just discovered I was only 2 marks off an A* in English Language, I'm thinking about getting a re-mark (my school has encouraged it as well), I was wondering if anyone had any experience with re-marks good or bad. I would love to have an A* as it was my predicted grade and I had full mark coursework for English (I obviously screwed up the exam a bit)
Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 1
*bump*
i think you should get a remark, im 1 ums of an A* in eng lit and r.e and im getting mine remarked because they are both essay based so i think you should too
Reply 3
Original post by Bazbaz
Hey guys, I've just discovered I was only 2 marks off an A* in English Language, I'm thinking about getting a re-mark (my school has encouraged it as well), I was wondering if anyone had any experience with re-marks good or bad. I would love to have an A* as it was my predicted grade and I had full mark coursework for English (I obviously screwed up the exam a bit)
Thanks for your help :smile:

I'd go for it. That's probably only 1 raw mark.
Reply 4
Original post by give me info
i think you should get a remark, im 1 ums of an A* in eng lit and r.e and im getting mine remarked because they are both essay based so i think you should too

Yeah I'm 95% sure I will, Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
I'd go for it. That's probably only 1 raw mark.

Well it was IGCSE, I'm not sure if they use UMS, but I will, my school are encouraging it and they know what they're doing (probably). Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 6
A remark in English language got me my A* last year - go for it !!
Reply 7
Should I remark my English Lit which was 4 marks off an A*, but it's also 17 marks off a B. Is it worth the risk?
I'm getting a remark for RS, got 96/100 and 62/100 on the papers, so I think I have a fairly good chance
Reply 9
has anyone remarked AQA AS biology and chemistry yet?, how was it?
I need 2 ums for A in both should I get them remarked?
is it true that each paper costs 50 pounds?
should I ask for all the 4 papers to be remarked or ask for some of the papers?
Original post by Uplink
has anyone remarked AQA AS biology and chemistry yet?, how was it?
I need 2 ums for A in both should I get them remarked?
is it true that each paper costs 50 pounds?
should I ask for all the 4 papers to be remarked or ask for some of the papers?

Hi, I'm in the same position as you right now, I'm 3 marks off an A in biology and 3 marks off a B in chemistry, I was wondering how did your remark go? Did your grades get higher?
Many thanks.
Do it! My re paper was remarked from a 3 to a 4

Quick Reply

Latest