The Student Room Group

Am I suitable to study medicine, preferably at Cambridge?

I received my GCSE grades yesterday:
Maths = A*
Core Science = A
Additional Science = A*
Triple Science = A*
French = A*
Drama = A
Geography = A
Media Studies = A
RS Short Course = A*
English Language = A
English Literature = A
Additional Maths FSMQ (Similar to AS level maths) = C

I am aware that excellent A level grades are more crucial but I am wondering whether these grades will hold me back?
Thank you x
Original post by embem10
I received my GCSE grades yesterday:
Maths = A*
Core Science = A
Additional Science = A*
Triple Science = A*
French = A*
Drama = A
Geography = A
Media Studies = A
RS Short Course = A*
English Language = A
English Literature = A
Additional Maths FSMQ (Similar to AS level maths) = C

I am aware that excellent A level grades are more crucial but I am wondering whether these grades will hold me back?
Thank you x

They will not hold you back :smile:
Yes but A levels are what matters most, my GCSEs were not even close to yours.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
They will not hold you back :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by mrhedgehog
Yes but A levels are what matters most, my GCSEs were not even close to yours.

Okay, thanks :smile: What are you studying and where? And what were your A level grades? (Sorry if I'm being intrusive) x
Original post by embem10
Okay, thanks :smile: What are you studying and where? And what were your A level grades? (Sorry if I'm being intrusive) x

I am going to begin studying Medicine at Cambridge from October. My A level grades were A*A*A* but my GCSEs were 2As,4Bs and 5Cs.
Reply 6
I am going to begin studying Medicine at Cambridge from October. My A level grades were A*A*A* but my GCSEs were 2As,4Bs and 5Cs.

Madness!

I rate you for that, just hoping I can do the same.
Reply 7

Wow, congratulations! That's what I'm aiming for at A level. I'm sorry to ask so many questions but what did you study at A level and how much work did you do? Do you have any tips? Thanks so much! x
Original post by embem10
Wow, congratulations! That's what I'm aiming for at A level. I'm sorry to ask so many questions but what did you study at A level and how much work did you do? Do you have any tips? Thanks so much! x

Thanks a lot! I studied the usual Chemistry, Biology and Maths with Physics AS. I did a lot of work. This thread from my wonderful friend sums up everything that you might need in my opinion :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49650099&highlight=
Reply 9
Thanks a lot! I studied the usual Chemistry, Biology and Maths with Physics AS. I did a lot of work. This thread from my wonderful friend sums up everything that you might need in my opinion :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49650099&highlight=

Thank you so much :smile: Good luck in October! x

Quick Reply

Latest