A in Religious studies
B in Core science
B in Additional science
A* in ICT

for my a-level options i was thinking of choosing:

Option 1: Biology, Psychology, Sociology, chemistry
Option 2: Biology, Psychology, sociology, english literature
Option 3: Biology, Psychology, sociology, Photography or Art

Im want to get into a russel group university, hopefully bristol to study a psychology degree. which one the three options are the best to take?

thank you :smile:!
Reply 1
I would personally pick 2 or 3. Really good choices for Psychology :smile:

Chemistry is good but pretty difficult and a lot of people trip up on it at AS despite getting very good grades at gcse! That being said, you may be one of those which just flourish in it ;p
Original post by SCK16
so for my gcse results I've got:
A in English lit
B in English lang
C in maths
A in art
A in dance
A in Religious studies
B in Core science
B in Additional science
A* in ICT

for my a-level options i was thinking of choosing:

Option 1: Biology, Psychology, Sociology, chemistry
Option 2: Biology, Psychology, sociology, english literature
Option 3: Biology, Psychology, sociology, Photography or Art

Im want to get into a russel group university, hopefully bristol to study a psychology degree. which one the three options are the best to take?

thank you :smile:!

The first and second options have equally well-respected subjects, whereas the third would be less well regarded. I would go with option 2. Your English Lit grade was good so you should be able to get a good grade at A level, presuming you enjoy those four subjects. I wouldn't recommend two sciences after two B's at GCSE unless you didn't feel you revised very much. I'm sure you could cope with one but you got better grades in many other GCSE subjects - also, Chemistry contains a fair amount of Maths and your Maths grade was your lowest.
Reply 3
Original post by LeFailFish
The first and second options have equally well-respected subjects, whereas the third would be less well regarded. I would go with option 2. Your English Lit grade was good so you should be able to get a good grade at A level, presuming you enjoy those four subjects. I wouldn't recommend two sciences after two B's at GCSE unless you didn't feel you revised very much. I'm sure you could cope with one but you got better grades in many other GCSE subjects - also, Chemistry contains a fair amount of Maths and your Maths grade was your lowest.

yeah thank you thats really helpful, but wouldn't three essay based subjects combined be quite hard?
Option 2. All seems more relevant and Chemistry might be a little too hard for you given your maths grade and so on. You seem more humanities.
Original post by SCK16
yeah thank you thats really helpful, but wouldn't three essay based subjects combined be quite hard?

All A levels are hard, but I don't think the workload would be unbearable with three essay-based subjects. You can always start with Biology, Psychology, Sociology and English Lit and switch if you find it too difficult (most colleges allow you to change subjects within the first few weeks provided the timetabling works).

Quick Reply

Latest