The Student Room Group

Nephew wants to study in UK. Need some advice

I really need a few pointers as I offered to do some research for my nephew from abroad (Non-EU) into studying UG level in the UK. Its a bit trickier than I imagined. (I am from the UK)

I know he has all his paperwork up to date, valid passport, bank account showing cash & he passed his English language tests no problem.

But I know he will require some kind of Foundation course once here before starting a degree - likely to be within the Banking/Finance/Marketing field

1. I Would appreciate a few links with regards to application procedure etc.
2. Institutes that welcome overseas students
3. A link perhaps to a comparison of Foundation course fees.

He really is on a tight budget not being from a particularly wealthy family so the cost of the course will probably one of the main considerations. (application costs/showing bank balance kind of uses up most of his cash unfortunately)

Much obliged!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi,

Have you tried looking on UCAS? They are the database for all the courses open to students which you can search through and narrow down to a specific type etc. This is the link: http://search.ucas.com/

As for application procedure, since he won't be using a company or UCAS like most British students, I believe that the application procedure would be different for each university and the same goes for the cost of the course. He might be eligible for scholarships or bursaries too, so be sure to ask or look on the University website for them.

(I'm no expert by the way :P )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending