The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

best student bank account for lancaster?

Hey! Firmed IT for Creative industries for this Autumn and in amongst all the freshers and welcome stuff I've got in the post/ been reading online I've discovered it's time for me to set up a student bank account (if SFE finally pull their fingers out! )

So, I'm currently with Barclays and not too keen to switch really (Wanting to stick with them for a long while really) but that 4 year railcard from Santander is very tempting indeed, as I'll be commuting from Preston either by bus or train, narrowed it down to these 2, plus they both have branches on campus if I need them. From moneysavingexpert, it seems that the overdraft is the most important, and not to be swayed by freebies, but they are tempting vs nothing really from Barclays.

Anyone had either of the accounts, any other thoughts or advice?

See you in September :biggrin:
Reply 1
I think an overdraft is only important if you need it. If you're the sort of person who has built up savings in their bank account or have parents that will give you extra money if you need it, then you'll never use the overdraft. However, if there's a chance you'll need it then I would get the best overdraft. Otherwise I'd just go for the offer that will give you (or save you) the most money.

Just my personal thoughts, I don't have any financial expertise and might be totally wrong.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
4 year railcard is very tempting indeed! I however went with Hsbc as you get £60 in amazon vouchers and I just bought a 1 year railcard myself. Depends what you'll find more useful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending