The Student Room Group

Am I on target for a Russell Group university offer with these Gcses?

I got 1A*,5As,3Bs and a C. I really like science so I want to do something to do with that at uni. I'm doing Bio,Chem,Maths and Business. While I only got 1A* and 2As in science I had messed up my Isas so in the exams I got 6A* 2As and a B in the 9 science exams and I reckon I missed an A* in maths just. The C is in German and I hate German (working at an E last year). The 3 Bs are english lang and lit and geography while english lang is one off an A so I might end up with 1A*,6As,2Bs and a C. Do I have a hope?
Original post by MrKmas508
I got 1A*,5As,3Bs and a C. I really like science so I want to do something to do with that at uni. I'm doing Bio,Chem,Maths and Business. While I only got 1A* and 2As in science I had messed up my Isas so in the exams I got 6A* 2As and a B in the 9 science exams and I reckon I missed an A* in maths just. The C is in German and I hate German (working at an E last year). The 3 Bs are english lang and lit and geography while english lang is one off an A so I might end up with 1A*,6As,2Bs and a C. Do I have a hope?

Biology, Chemistry and Maths are all facilitating subjects so are good choices.

Work hard and secure those A grades, then a Russell Group entry is definitely within your grasp.

Your GCSE grades are good enough and will reduce consideraby in significance for entry which will almost exclusively rely in your AS and A2 perfomance.

Make sure you get good AS grades so that your predicted A2 grades are all A/A*. This is the best way of securing an admissions day place and interview prior to them making a conditional placement offer.

Good luck. :smile:
Original post by MrKmas508

Hi there,
No you are not.
Regards,
Qwertyabcdef123
GCSEs are pretty much irrelevant to university. It's the next two years that matter.
I know lots of people who got A*'s in Chemistry and Physics at GCSE then dropped to B's or C's at A-level.

I'm not going to lie, the sciences are hard (especially Chemistry which is a massive step up from GCSE), but so long as you keep on top of things throughout the next two years, there's no reason why you shouldn't get into a good university to study a science.

Quick Reply

Latest