The Student Room Group

Does anyone got a C in Maths GCSE and took it in A Levels?

I got a C in maths and im just wondering if theres people who got the same grade as me got into a A level maths Course.
Original post by miohikari
I got a C in maths and im just wondering if theres people who got the same grade as me got into a A level maths Course.

That sounds highly inadvisable... at my school you need an A to take A level Maths. Some will accept B's but I've never heard of a C being accepted. The only scenarios in which that might be OK would be extenuating circumstances or if you didn't revise for GCSE's and are actually very capable. Otherwise the course would simply be too difficult - it's a big step up.
Reply 2
Original post by miohikari

Ask your teachers, your best bet is to do it externally though.
Reply 3
Realistically speaking, if you have the capability of doing an a level in maths you have the ability to get at least an A grade, worst case scenario a B without revision for GCSE. Even so, I met many people with As an A*s that struggled in A level maths

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk
Reply 4
My Sixth Form actually allows people with a D in GCSE Maths to take the A Level. Needless to say; a majority of those with a C or below found it difficult and were highly upset upon results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really depends on the faculty you will be taking you A Levels at, In my college you had to have at least a B in Maths to take it at A Level but some might accept C's, talk to your school/college and ask for a advice session and talk it out with a pro. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest