The Student Room Group

UEA 2015 medicine entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dr. Django
I'm resitting my 2 B's (Chem and maths), got A*ABB last year.

I'm thinking of applying to UEA, Exeter and Keele (I meet keels entry requirements), as UEA and Exeter both often let in resisters :smile: My 4th I'm not yet sure about, I got 760 in ukcat so I'm gonna try and see if any of the extenuated circumstances only unis will accept mine!

Liverpool would be a decent choice
Definitely applying to UEA, however don't know how much chance I have. I got 4 A*s and 7 As at gcse, AAA in my AS, predicted A*A*Aa and doing the EPQ and 660 band 1 in my UKCAT, done tonnes of work experience. I rly like UEA and heard people getting offers with lower UKCATs so thought why not!
Reply 22
Hoping to apply to UEA! My academics aren't that strong tho.. :frown:

GCSEs: 2A*, 8As
AS levels: ABBC
A2 predictions: AAA/A*AA
UKCAT: 700, Band 1
Reply 23
Original post by erudite
Hoping to apply to UEA! My academics aren't that strong tho.. :frown:

GCSEs: 2A*, 8As
AS levels: ABBC
A2 predictions: AAA/A*AA
UKCAT: 700, Band 1

You'd be okay-especially as you have a decent UKCAT. You'll be surprised how lenient UEA actually are with academics and UKCAT :smile:
Original post by 2018
You'd be okay-especially as you have a decent UKCAT. You'll be surprised how lenient UEA actually are with academics and UKCAT :smile:

Do you know how much weighting is given to each area? (Ie academics, UKCAT, ps)

I have good academics apart from my a levels, and good ukcat:

9A*2A, 4 A AS and 760 ukcat...will the fact I'm a resitter negate most of this or do you think It'll be a relatively level playing field?

(a*abb for A2)

9A*2A, 4 A AS and 760 ukcat...will the fact I'm a resitter negate most of this or do you think It'll be a relatively level playing field?

(a*abb for A2)

can you apply to uea without aaa?
Reply 26

(a*abb for A2)

The good thing about UEA is that they put equal consideration on everything! So they don't require exceptionally strong academics/UKCAT/PS/EC.... They will look at an all-rounded type of application. I think you'd be safe to apply here even with resits! I know that a high UKCAT can compensate for low grades and a low UKCAT can be compensated by good academics. They also look at PS/reference/EC :smile:
Reply 27
I'm applying to UEA :biggrin:
GCSEs: 8A*s 3As 1B
AS Results: AAAAA
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A + A* in EPQ
UKCAT: 667.5

Not sure about my UKCAT :/ On the stalking page, it seems really low, but it's hard to judge how well the stalking page represents the actual distribution of scores people are applying with?

Other choices are Cambridge, Exeter and probably Plymouth :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by cwi111
I'm applying to UEA :biggrin:
GCSEs: 8A*s 3As 1B
AS Results: AAAAA
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A + A* in EPQ
UKCAT: 667.5

Not sure about my UKCAT :/ On the stalking page, it seems really low, but it's hard to judge how well the stalking page represents the actual distribution of scores people are applying with?

Other choices are Cambridge, Exeter and probably Plymouth :smile:

QUB/Cardiff/Barts would be decent choices aswell
Would 602.5 be too low of a ukcat If I have 6a* 3as 1b and an a in add maths also 4as in as

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by king cobra
Would 602.5 be too low of a ukcat If I have 6a* 3as 1b and an a in add maths also 4as in as

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so necessarily, I know someone that got in with 610 last year and this year the average is about 30 points lower
Original post by king cobra

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do so bad on the UKCAT with those great grades at GCSE and A levels?
Original post by SuperiorGenius
How did you do so bad on the UKCAT with those great grades at GCSE and A levels?

I got similar grades and I only got 660 on the UKCAT. 602 isn't even a particularly bad score
great to find alot of you intrested in East anglia .......... I am in love with norwich and the way the course is teached is just amazing...... I think East anglia places a large emphasis on the expected so you better start begging your teachers for good expectations
Original post by SuperiorGenius

There's no correlation between UKCAT and grades. They're both completely different.
Original post by JMJ_1996
Definitely applying to UEA, however don't know how much chance I have. I got 4 A*s and 7 As at gcse, AAA in my AS, predicted A*A*Aa and doing the EPQ and 660 band 1 in my UKCAT, done tonnes of work experience. I rly like UEA and heard people getting offers with lower UKCATs so thought why not!

I had similar stats and I'm now a first year:smile:
I'm considering applying !
my stats:
GCSE's: 10 A*'S 1A
AS: AAAB
A2: B (year early) predictions: AAA/A*AA(not confirmed yet)
UKCAT: 662.5, Band 1

what dyou guys think my chances are? And is UEA a good choice with my stats? x
Reply 37
Original post by Harlee24
I'm considering applying !
my stats:
GCSE's: 10 A*'S 1A
AS: AAAB
A2: B (year early) predictions: AAA/A*AA(not confirmed yet)
UKCAT: 662.5, Band 1

what dyou guys think my chances are? And is UEA a good choice with my stats? x

I think you'd be a strong candidate for UEA :smile: other choices I'd suggest would be Sheffield, Cardiff,Bristol,Barts and Plymouth!
Reply 38
How important is the experience Form? What should I concentrate on (if I'd have to fill it out)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would UEA be a risky choice for me
Gcse's : 6A*s 3As B C
AS: AAAB( maths bio chem geography)
A2(achieved) AAA
UKCAT REALLOW LOW 630

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending