The Student Room Group

UEA 2015 medicine entry

so I didn't find a thread and thought why not make one ?

any one else thinking of applying to UEA (well of course some you are) ??

what do you think a good ukcat score is and what do you consider a strength this school has that others dont ??

For a review of the medical school by students in the school follow this link:
http://www.mymedschool.co.uk/#/uea-review-harriets/4570992053

Here's the medicine connect/stalking page and the UEA connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abdelrahman777
so I didn't find a thread and thought why not make one ?

any one else thinking of applying to UEA (well of course some you are) ??

what do you think a good ukcat score is and what do you consider a strength this school has that others dont ??

I was considering it as their selection process seems quite fair. I also really like the idea of PBL. However I don't know much about the place itself and won't be able to make it to the open day as it's on the same day as St George's :frown:

I think a decent UKCAT would be above 650? You can see the combination of scores and grades that got interviews/offers last year on the 2014 stalking page :smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
I was considering it as their selection process seems quite fair. I also really like the idea of PBL. However I don't know much about the place itself and won't be able to make it to the open day as it's on the same day as St George's :frown:

I think a decent UKCAT would be above 650? You can see the combination of scores and grades that got interviews/offers last year on the 2014 stalking page :smile:

Yeah I think above 650 is cool ,, I got a 660 , btw whats your stats and how is it going with your personal statement ... good luck applying :biggrin:
Anybody resitting A2 and also applying here? Yet to take the UKCAT but really nervous about it
Yeah I think above 650 is cool ,, I got a 660 , btw whats your stats and how is it going with your personal statement ... good luck applying :biggrin:

GCSEs - 7 A*s 2.5 As and a distinction in IT
AS: AAAA in biology, chemistry, physics and psychology
UKCAT: 702.5

How about yours?

My PS is ok - I've pretty much finished but I'm trying to cut it down. Got like 1500 characters to get rid of. You?

Good luck to you too!! :smile:
GCSEs - 7 A* and 1 A
Alevels- A* biology and expected A*A*A*
UKCAT- 660

I am an international student so I took an early Alevel.

personal statement is taking alot more than it should ... still working on it and playing with the intro paragraph
UEA don't mark PS for selection for interview but they do look at it.

GCSE's and a competitive UKCAT of 600+ would put you in a strong position.

If you have a high proportion of A*s at gcse and a UKCAT of 670+ I say you're pretty much guaranteed an interview.
You must have at least 6 As including maths and English, check the website for more info:smile:
Original post by OnionRing
UEA don't mark PS for selection for interview but they do look at it.

GCSE's and a competitive UKCAT of 600+ would put you in a strong position.

If you have a high proportion of A*s at gcse and a UKCAT of 670+ I say you're pretty much guaranteed an interview.
You must have at least 6 As including maths and English, check the website for more info:smile:

so 660 isnt that competetive ???
so 660 isnt that competetive ???

I would say so but it really depends on how well others do.
Definitely applying here.

5A* 4A 2B
AAAA
680 Band 1

Hope I get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Do they accept GCSE English resit? I got an A from a B. :confused:
oh, and anyone knows how many international students they take? :cool:
Reply 11
yet to take UKCAT. nervous!

but am going to be applying to UEA hopefully :smile:
Reply 12
Would a UKCAT score of 685 be good enough for an interview?
As I don't live in the UK (but still home applicant) I won't be taking the a levels. But my academics are pretty strong.

So would 685 suffice? And my PS will be pretty average.

Thank u :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
You should be fine! UEA don't actually place that much emphasis on the UKCAT. You would have to check that your academics are accepted though
Original post by grumps101
Anybody resitting A2 and also applying here? Yet to take the UKCAT but really nervous about it

I'm resitting 2 A2 modules!! Sceptic about whether I'll be at a disadvantage though?
Original post by lboyle426
I'm resitting 2 A2 modules!! Sceptic about whether I'll be at a disadvantage though?

They said its fine as long as you get A*AA? But I decided against it in the end, good luck though!
They said its fine as long as you get A*AA? But I decided against it in the end, good luck though!

Yeah, I saw that. Still a bit cautious because it sounds a bit too lenient of them in comparison to other medical schools attitude's towards resits. Any other idea of medical school's with the same attitude as UEA when it comes to resitting?
When it comes to UKCAT, UEA don't have a cut off score so don't worry about having a mediocre/average UKCAT score. My friend received an interview last year with a score of 610.
Yeah, I saw that. Still a bit cautious because it sounds a bit too lenient of them in comparison to other medical schools attitude's towards resits. Any other idea of medical school's with the same attitude as UEA when it comes to resitting?

Exeter said they have no discrimination against resitters, not sure if I believe them or not though

I'm resitting my 2 B's (Chem and maths), got A*ABB last year.

I'm thinking of applying to UEA, Exeter and Keele (I meet keels entry requirements), as UEA and Exeter both often let in resisters :smile: My 4th I'm not yet sure about, I got 760 in ukcat so I'm gonna try and see if any of the extenuated circumstances only unis will accept mine!

I spoke to Exeter admissions tutor and they said I wouldn't be at a disadvantage and, as my predictions are A*A in my 2 Bs, I would apparently be considered the same as an AS student with A*A*AA predicted :smile:

That is what they told me, and I'm inclined to believe them as I have heard numerous stories of resisters being successful there!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending