The Student Room Group

Guys, please answer this!

How do you know a guy is guilty. So this guy I liked said to me that he likes me too and so we got in a relation but he left me when he befriended this beautiful and hot girl. I don't talk to that guy no more but I still see him often on several occasions. He stares at me a lot even when he's with his girlfriend and even when he's not with her.

It just annoys me so much that he would even dare to look at me after he left me for a girl who is better looking than me. Why does he still stares at me for around 4-5 secs and looks at me when I'm not looking at me and then suddenly looks away when I catch him. He needs to stop doing that! When his girl and I'm together as on a occasion, he would be staring at me.

Why do guys do this? Guilty or what?

Scroll to see replies

Go seek professional advice
Seems like a douchebag; forget him, you're much better than a stupid betrayal. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Go seek professional advice

Why would you say that?
Original post by Anonymous
How do you know a guy is guilty. So this guy I liked said to me that he likes me too and so we got in a relation but he left me when he befriended this beautiful and hot girl. I don't talk to that guy no more but I still see him often on several occasions. He stares at me a lot even when he's with his girlfriend and even when he's not with her.

It just annoys me so much that he would even dare to look at me after he left me for a girl who is better looking than me. Why does he still stares at me for around 4-5 secs and looks at me when I'm not looking at me and then suddenly looks away when I catch him. He needs to stop doing that! When his girl and I'm together as on a occasion, he would be staring at me.

Why do guys do this? Guilty or what?

Because he's a loser who wants his cake and to eat it.

Not all men do this however, just a fair proportion of them.

Anyway he sounds like a loser so why even bother thinking about him anymore. Leave him to live his pathetic existence and find someone better :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by inachigeek21
Seems like a douchebag; forget him, you're much better than a stupid betrayal. :smile:

I actually didn't care about him after that since he started staring so much. Like just stop, you've lost the right! Is he not even ashamed of what he did?
I'm not sure what 'guilty' means in this context.

If he's harassing you or checking you out or giving you looks while he's with this girl then he sounds like a fool.

Don't let him get to you; you're better than that :smile:
Everybody shows different traits so theres no general specification of traits of a guilty guy.
Reply 8
Original post by Temporality
Because he's a loser who wants his cake and to eat it.

Not all men do this however, just a fair proportion of them.

Anyway he sounds like a loser so why even bother thinking about him anymore. Leave him to live his pathetic existence and find someone better :smile:

He has made me hate all the other men, especially after spending 5 years with him. I can't believe he would do that. I really loved him and was very emotionally attached with him. For him to do that was a big shock for me, and I must say I've been trying my best forget about him. But when I see him with his girlfriend, it hurts so much. This isn't about normal boyfriend-girlfriend relation, rather about me who was so emotionally attached with him. I seriously didn't care about other men.
Reply 9
Why would you say that?

Internet trolls. Ignore them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually didn't care about him after that since he started staring so much. Like just stop, you've lost the right! Is he not even ashamed of what he did?

Probably not. Perhaps he fancies the idea of you still being into him and is trying to test you.

Either way, like the other posters have said, leave him to it. No doubt he'll eventually leave the "hot" girl as well one day for someone else or cheat on her. The best thing you can do to is completely and utterly ignore him.
He has made me hate all the other men, especially after spending 5 years with him. I can't believe he would do that. I really loved him and was very emotionally attached with him. For him to do that was a big shock for me, and I must say I've been trying my best forget about him. But when I see him with his girlfriend, it hurts so much. This isn't about normal boyfriend-girlfriend relation, rather about me who was so emotionally attached with him. I seriously didn't care about other men.

I see. Well I know it can be frustrating when a man does the dirty on you, and then tries making eye contact and trying to make you go weak for him. It just shows what a small person he is. He can't have both you and her so just ignore him completely.
Why would you say that?

Cus I'm not sure if you can take this to court.
Original post by Meyrin
Probably not. Perhaps he fancies the idea of you still being into him and is trying to test you.

Either way, like the other posters have said, leave him to it. No doubt he'll eventually leave the "hot" girl as well one day for someone else or cheat on her. The best thing you can do to is completely and utterly ignore him.

Hmm I guess that's only what I can do. Men are so heartless!
Original post by Temporality
I see. Well I know it can be frustrating when a man does the dirty on you, and then tries making eye contact and trying to make you go weak for him. It just shows what a small person he is. He can't have both you and her so just ignore him completely.

Yes exactly!
I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm hating on all the other men but the one I've had a experienced with totally had an effect on how I perceive other men.

Some can be, though not all of them are. But it's natural to feel that way, I don't think there's a person alive who hasn't though "all men/ women are heartless pigs!" after the first time they've been hurt in a relationship. :console:
Original post by DarkWhite
I'm not sure what 'guilty' means in this context.

If he's harassing you or checking you out or giving you looks while he's with this girl then he sounds like a fool.

Don't let him get to you; you're better than that :smile:

Guilty as in like he knows he was wrong.

Plus even after having his new girlfriend, he kept asking one of my best friend to ask me whether I hate him or not. Like why would you do that after what you did!?

Now probably isn't the time to say "we aren't all like that", but we aren't all like that.

With this guy, I totally get after five years why this type of thing would bother you in one way or another - I echo what others have said, he's probably trying to see if you're still into him or not.

One thing I didn't catch was timelines, how long ago was it you split up and he got with the "hot girl"?
Original post by Meyrin
Some can be, though not all of them are. But it's natural to feel that way, I don't think there's a person alive who hasn't though "all men/ women are heartless pigs!" after the first time they've been hurt in a relationship. :console:[/QUOTE]

Lol I agree. And thanks, although it seems like I won't ever be fully over him but I'll try my best but when I see them two together. You have no idea how bad it feels!
Original post by DanielWhit
Now probably isn't the time to say "we aren't all like that", but we aren't all like that.

With this guy, I totally get after five years why this type of thing would bother you in one way or another - I echo what others have said, he's probably trying to see if you're still into him or not.

One thing I didn't catch was timelines, how long ago was it you split up and he got with the "hot girl"?

You got it right!

It effects me so much! 5 years is a long time to get attach to someone. But why would he want to see whether I'm still interested in him or not? I know I wouldn't.

It's been a year since we broke up but in between we do get to see each other on several occasions due to mutual friends and stuff.

Quick Reply