The Student Room Group

Gcses for medicine

I got my results yesterday and I was wondering if any one could tell me if it is possible to get into medical school with these results: 1A*, 3A's, 3B's and 2C's. I appreciate any help given
Original post by Jmcca
I got my results yesterday and I was wondering if any one could tell me if it is possible to get into medical school with these results: 1A*, 3A's, 3B's and 2C's. I appreciate any help given

Yes you can still get in. What were the Cs in?

Also, check here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements
Reply 2
I got it in History and English language but got a B in literature. I'm better at maths :tongue:
Original post by Jmcca
I got it in History and English language but got a B in literature. I'm better at maths :tongue:

You should still be okay but some med schools specify that you need a B in English Language - check before you apply.
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
You should still be okay but some med schools specify that you need a B in English Language - check before you apply.

Hi, I'm slightly dissapointed with my 5A's,3B's and not sure if its slimmed my chances of getting into imperial. Do you think that good AS/ bmat results can compensate?
Original post by dash52
Hi, I'm slightly dissapointed with my 5A's,3B's and not sure if its slimmed my chances of getting into imperial. Do you think that good AS/ bmat results can compensate?

Your GCSEs should be fine for Imperial, but it's not very nice to hijack someone else's thread - start your own next time :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Democracy
Your GCSEs should be fine for Imperial, but it's not very nice to hijack someone else's thread - start your own next time :wink:

Thank you and yh true lol
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest