The Student Room Group

Facebook acquaintance?

Hello everybody!

My question is rather weird than normal, so do not laugh too loud on me :smile:
A couple of days a go I've seen a girl in the supermarket and noticed that I quite like her, but obviously I didn't even talk to her, since I'm pretty much shy. Yesterday I by _pure accident_ found her on Facebook. We are living in a small (well, not too small, around 150000 people) city, but the probability to meet her again in person is very small, so I'm just thinking whether it worth giving it a try to contact her through Facebook. From what she writes about herself on her profile page I found that she is basically shy as well and a bit nerdy (pretty though). So, guys, can you suggest me, what is best to do in this case? I think it can be a good idea to try to write her a message, but I have no idea how to start. Well, I suppose that "Hello, I'm the guy you never heard about" is not very good idea together with all those standard pick-up lines/ice breakers. I actually feel a bit desperate, since I do not want to ruin her first (and perhaps not only the first) impression, and I do not want her to look at my message and never reply (yeah, I'm kinda passive-optimistic, not for good).
Original post by Anonymous

We are living in a small (well, not too small, around 150000 people) city

Funny!

Just open with a simple 'hello' I think, then you could employ some advanced stuff such as this: http://37.media.tumblr.com/83cbfad69786d1ed914996ddf0e81ee1/tumblr_na989sU3IA1qbxvkpo2_1280.jpg

Yeah, a load of my friends said that was funny!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by guppygould

Funny!

Just open with a simple 'hello' I think, then you could employ some advanced stuff such as this: http://37.media.tumblr.com/83cbfad69786d1ed914996ddf0e81ee1/tumblr_na989sU3IA1qbxvkpo2_1280.jpg

Yeah, a load of my friends said that was funny!

Looks weird rather than funny, isn't it?
Reply 3
If you didn't speak to her in the supermarket then it's highly unlikely she will respond to you through Facebook.
Reply 4
Original post by jay2013
If you didn't speak to her in the supermarket then it's highly unlikely she will respond to you through Facebook.

She did not see me, lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
She did not see me, lol.

If you see her again then make a move! But don't contact her through Facebook.
Reply 6
Just contact her on FB. As you said earlier you doubt you will bump into her again. What do you have to lose?
Reply 7
Original post by Sheena1
Just contact her on FB. As you said earlier you doubt you will bump into her again. What do you have to lose?

Yes, but I have no idea how to start :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending