The Student Room Group

Possible that the same examiner mark all of my science papers?

On my science papers for both core and additional overall I kinda failed.It says
Biology paper 1-D
Biology paper 2- D
Chemistry paper 1-C
Chemistry paper 2- C
Physics paper 1- D
Physics paper 2-D

This all shocked me because I revised for all of those papers and used the specification along the way. No offence to anyone but these are grades I would get if I did not revise. I want to get my core papers and additional papers re-marked. I was predicted an A and B so this was an utter shock. Would you advice me to get them re marked? I thought though if different people marked my papers, they can't be all lying. Though if one person did then maybe it's worth me paying to re-mark these papers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Even if one person marked them all, which is unlikely, they would have moderated by several examiners so it is unlikely that if you got a remark your grades would go up to A/A*
Plus they're not essay exams, so there's little to no subjectivity
No, each examiner only gets one question to mark of the whole paper
Reply 4
Original post by Cherry82
On my science papers for both core and addition overall I kinda failed.Iit says
Biology paper 1-D
Biology paper 2- D
Chemistry paper 1-C
Chemistry paper 2- C
Physics paper 1- D
Physics paper 2-D

This all shocked me because I revised for all of those papers and used the specification along the way. No offence to anyone but these are grades I would get if I did not revise. I want to get my core papers and additional papers re-marked. I was predicted an A and B so this was an utter shock. Would you advice me to get them re marked? I thought though if different people marked my papers, they can't be all lying. Though if one person did then maybe it's worth me paying to re-mark these re-marked.

Get them remarked if it's a surprise so you know for certain but I doubt you'll.see much change seeing as it's so many papers! Perhaps you just havent quite got the hang of how revision needs to be done for.science subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Cherry82
thought though if different people marked my papers, they can't be all lying. Though if one person did then maybe it's worth me paying to re-mark these re-marked.

A marker gets hundreds of the same question of the same paper to mark in a row, once they've done that they may move on to another question but they wouldn't even know about it if they happened to mark a different question from the same student as they don't see names to stop bias.

If it was one paper well off from the others it could just be a clerical error but all of your papers are around the same mark so I would say you have just not done as well as you thought you had unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest