The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Living at home freshers ????

Hiiiiii. So I'm wondering if anyone else is living at home and wondering how they're gonna make friends without being able to properly join in with freshers activities.. I'm kind of disappointed but I can't move out for personal reasons (my family depend on me being here) so how can I make friends lol.. So yeah.. Help ???:confused:
Reply 1
I have the same issue, but I think that just because we'll be living at home doesn't mean we won't make friends.

I will be attending a few events during freshers week maybe not the late night pub crawls.
London
Original post by Suemarie
I have the same issue, but I think that just because we'll be living at home doesn't mean we won't make friends.

I will be attending a few events during freshers week maybe not the late night pub crawls.

Where about are you traveling from? And what course are you studying if you don't mind me asking
Reply 3
I am at Nottingham University and due to start a nursing degree next month. But I understand your predicament, I know that many of the people on my course will be living in accommodation where as little old me will be staying at home.
There's plus sides to staying at home as there are to staying in student digs...but one of the downsides is the opportunity to make a good friend network...we have to try harder that's all x
Oh I see. Thank you for your help though, I'm trying to network online and find people in similar circumstances before I even attend. Just to make the transition easier. But thank you you've given me a bit more confidence
Reply 5
I am doing the same btw, it might be worth your while to look for your university on TSR and see if they have a facebook page set up for people doing your course. I found one for me x
Reply 6
Original post by PatriciaTaiwo
Hiiiiii. So I'm wondering if anyone else is living at home and wondering how they're gonna make friends without being able to properly join in with freshers activities.. I'm kind of disappointed but I can't move out for personal reasons (my family depend on me being here) so how can I make friends lol.. So yeah.. Help ???:confused:

just go to freshers. people will hardly avoid you just cause you live at home...
You're sure to meet people at the Freshers events, everyone's in the same boat :smile:
http://www.lsbsu.org/events/all/
Reply 8
Apparently someone quoted me on here, this thread. My notifications showed 1 quote from 21 hours ago, yet nothing displays on here...puzzled
Reply 9
Hello!
I'm in the exact same position. Really want to have as much fun. However I don't know anyone! Sadly.. I just want to go out have fun!
I'm studying Civil Engineering at LSBU!
Reply 10
Original post by PatriciaTaiwo

Hey!
I'm in the exact same position, i live in harrow so its like a train to the uni but still dont know what is going on,,,btw I'm studying psychology at LSBU! and apparently psychology students need to go in on 17th sep.... ...hopefully i will make some friends looooool

Quick Reply