The Student Room Group

My results 2014- enough to get into a good uni?

2 days ago i received my GCSE results and i'm thrilled at the outcome. I'm about to go to 6th form and have secured all my AS options. In the future i'm not thinking about applying to oxbridge, but would my 1 A*, 4 A's and 4 B's be enough to secure me a place at a Russell group uni like kings college, university college London etc?? (of course i know A-levels are the most important, I'm just talking in terms of GCSE's and how important they might be) Thanks :smile:
Yeah, I think it definitely would be :smile: Well done for your fantastic results :biggrin:

What are you hoping to apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, I think it definitely would be :smile: Well done for your fantastic results :biggrin:

What are you hoping to apply for?

Thank you very much :biggrin: I'm still quite open minded about what I want to apply for, but i'm opting towards maybe a dual degree in english literature and music as i know some of the good uni's do that :smile: Maybe geography as that was my A* grade...haha i will have to see!!
Original post by alex_1998
Thank you very much :biggrin: I'm still quite open minded about what I want to apply for, but i'm opting towards maybe a dual degree in english literature and music as i know some of the good uni's do that :smile: Maybe geography as that was my A* grade...haha i will have to see!!

Sounds pretty good :biggrin: Are you taking Geography AS, since you got an A* in it? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Sounds pretty good :biggrin: Are you taking Geography AS, since you got an A* in it? :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: Yes, i'm taking geography as well as music, english literature and biology. Quite reluctant about the biology but it was either that, spanish or maths in the last option block so i don't really have any other choice :L
Original post by alex_1998
Thank you :smile: Yes, i'm taking geography as well as music, english literature and biology. Quite reluctant about the biology but it was either that, spanish or maths in the last option block so i don't really have any other choice :L

Ah, that's a shame :/ Well, good luck for next year :biggrin:
Reply 6
Ah, that's a shame :/ Well, good luck for next year :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest