The Student Room Group

Retake advice-gcse!

In year 10 (last year), everyone in my year had to do the English language GCSE early as my school thought it would take some weight of our shoulders for the following year. I was at a disadvantage at that time as I was only 14 (youngest in the year) so my writing style wasn't as mature as those who were the oldest in the year (so I was told anyway). I came out with a B and repeated again in November and came out with a higher B. It just upset me that a majority of my friends had a C in the exam but their coursework gained them an A...(My coursework was a low A but their teachers had been less harsh and given them full marks in their speaking assessment which isn't moderated). I feel like a B will put me at a disadvantage in the future when applying for unis as I feel I am capable of getting into a Russell group uni. I'm going into year 12 soon...is there any point in retaking? I have an A in English literature (which is one of my AS level choices). I have probably read too many posts with people saying 'you need A*'s in everything haha but some feedback would be great! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest